Real world weather is not loading.

PinevillePilot Guest

I am getting a message telling me to check my internet connection, but i have a strong connection. Can this be fixed?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

As far as I know it isn't being supported by Microsoft any more.
You can use an add-on.
Pay.
https://www.fsrealwx.de/

Free.
http://www.plane-pics.de/fsxwx/home.htm
I haven't used either so it's up to you.

Radar

ckev Guest

Right click on FSX in your Steam library, select 'properties', go to the Betas tab and select 'FSX-Beta External-beta'.

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

I totally understand your frustration. Flight simulation, especially when using Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX), heavily relies on real-world data for an authentic flying experience. Let's dive right into your issue:

1. Initial Checks: The first step, albeit seemingly obvious, is to ensure that FSX isn't being blocked by any firewalls or antivirus software. Sometimes, these software can mistakenly identify FSX's connection to the server for real-world weather as suspicious.
  2. Server Status: Occasionally, it's not an issue on your end. FSX retrieves its real-world weather data from Jeppesen servers. There are times when these servers may be down or experiencing heavy traffic, thus causing issues with weather updates. I'd recommend checking for any official updates or announcements regarding server statuses.
  3. Replace Default URL: If the servers are working fine, consider replacing the default server URL with another. Navigate to your FSX.cfg (found in the FSX root directory). Look for the section that references the weather server and change the URL. Please note, always back up your FSX.cfg file before making any changes!
  4. Consider a Third-Party Weather Engine: While the default weather system in FSX is decent, there are many third-party options out there which can provide not only accurate real-world weather but also enhance the overall visual experience. Software like Active Sky has been a staple in the community for years.
  5. FSX Update: This might sound cliché, but have you considered reinstalling or updating FSX? Sometimes, a simple update or fresh install can iron out any glitches.

It's also worth noting that the issue you're encountering could potentially arise in platforms like Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and X-Plane 12. If you decide to migrate or use these platforms in the future, it's always good to know these troubleshooting steps.

Lastly, always remember, forums like Fly Away Simulation thrive because of the community's collective knowledge. If the aforementioned solutions don't work, don't hesitate to revert. Someone might have a unique solution tailored to your specific problem.

Best of luck and happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...