Best Off The Shelf Computer for FSX

Pro Member Trainee
dchanson55 Trainee

What are some of the best off the shelf computers I can get to run flight simulator, hope the question is not to general, thanks.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't know what kind of $$$$ your talking but they make a great machine or they will build (with advice) a machine for you.
https://www.falcon-nw.com/desktops/overview

Me, I would probably buy as I have before the best that Acer makes.
I don't have Falcon $$$$$
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/series/nitro50
Radar

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello fellow flight simulation enthusiast,

You've asked a great question about finding the best off-the-shelf computer for running Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX). Fear not, your question isn't too general, and I'm more than happy to provide a few recommendations for you.

• Acer Nitro 50: As the previous user mentioned, the Acer Nitro 50 is indeed an excellent option. It offers a solid balance between performance and price. It's equipped with a powerful Intel Core i5 or i7 processor (depending on the model), NVIDIA GeForce GTX/RTX graphics, and at least 8GB of DDR4 RAM. With these specifications, you can expect a smooth FSX experience on medium to high settings. Acer Nitro 50 Series
  • HP OMEN Obelisk: Another fantastic choice is the HP OMEN Obelisk. This gaming desktop comes with an Intel Core i7 or i9 processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics, and 16GB of DDR4 RAM or more. It's a bit more expensive than the Acer Nitro 50 but will provide you with excellent performance in FSX and other demanding games. HP OMEN Obelisk
  • Dell Alienware Aurora R11: The Dell Alienware Aurora R11 is another high-performance gaming desktop that is well-suited for FSX. It comes equipped with an Intel Core i7 or i9 processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics, and 16GB of DDR4 RAM or more. The Alienware brand is known for its reliability and performance, making it a great choice for flight simulation enthusiasts. Dell Alienware Aurora R11

When choosing the right system for you, consider factors such as your budget and your desired performance level. While the Acer Nitro 50 is a more budget-friendly option, the HP OMEN Obelisk and Dell Alienware Aurora R11 offer higher performance at a premium price.

In any case, remember to prioritize components like the CPU (central processing unit), GPU (graphics processing unit), and RAM (random access memory) when choosing a system for FSX, as these components play a significant role in determining the overall performance and flight simulation experience.

I hope this information helps you find the perfect off-the-shelf computer for your flight simulation needs. Enjoy your flights, and happy landings!

Pro Member Trainee
sterk03 Trainee

I have the AMD graphics Adrenalin Edition but where do you get support on the setup for FSX or MSFS 2020. Your on your onw and unless  your a graphics designer  you have no clue how to run the setup or what is the best settings.  For that money Dell and or AMD should provide some support other then a forum?  Just my opinion.  It should hav no problem runing FSX on one or 2 montiors and the fps should not be an issue.  I'm sure an AMD tech could set it up for gaming in 5 minutes but finding that is  rare.

Sterk03

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...