How will this computer handle FSX?

Pro Member Trainee
Mavix Trainee

How will this computer handle FSX?:
Perntiunm D 925 3.0Ghz
1Gb RAM
PCI-Express 16x
GeForce 7600GS 256Mb

Considering that my current computer (Celeron 2.6Ghz, 256 Mb RAM, 64 Mb onboard graphics) handles FSX at slightly higher than lowest settings(Everything on lowest except AI traffic at 100%), I think that my new computer should handle it quite well.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Craig (Sno0ze) Trainee

Not very well at all to be honest. FSX takes a super computer to run at full settings, and nobody has the facility to buy such excluding Microsoft Mad But anyway yeah, I'de say with that rig on medium/low graphic settings and others on FSX you would get about 6FPS on the ground, 15FPS in the air. Lemme put it this way, the last computer I had which I no longer have for some technical reasons (Got refunded and decided to purchase one from Alienware) had these specs:

MSI P6n Nvidia 680i Chipset
Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.6 GHz
3GB RAM
500GB HD
2x Nvidia 8800GTX 765MB
620watt PSU
Windows Vista Ultimate

And guess what I got with that, an earth shattering 10FPS on the ground and 30FPS in the air with medium settings... Not a lot is it? To get FSX to run decent your going to need something like this:

Nvidia 680i Chipset
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 2.6GHz (Quad Core - 4 CPU's)
2GB of RAM
Nvidia 8800GTX 765MB
1000watt Next gen PSU
Windows XP

Thats the new computer I recently ordered from alienware which came in at about £2,500 = $5,000

It's rediculous I know, the quad core processors are supposed to make a fairly big impact in FSX and I know that from a friend. Plus when SP1 comes out, the performance will be bumped up a little. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your computer wouldn't run it well. Forget using Vista right now too, big mistake, wait about 6 months or a year then it will be worth buying.

I am thinking of buy FS9. I can get a copy for $10 on eBay.

Pro Member Trainee
Craig (Sno0ze) Trainee

Anonymous wrote:

I am thinking of buy FS9. I can get a copy for $10 on eBay.

That might be a better idea until more people get an idea of what's happening with FSX after SP1 and some new hardware that will be released at various intervals this year. Going for FS9 right now would be giving you more cluck for your buck if you get my drift. 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...