Software to compliment Windows Defender in Windows 7

Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

Hello all,I have the following specs:

FSX (Acceleration)Windows 7 Professional 64 bitSystem Model: HP ProDesk 400 G1 MTProcessor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-4670S CPU@3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHzMemory: 4096MB RAMPage File: 3730 MB used, 4305MB availableDirect X Version: Direct X11In light of my specs, I  am looking for the best complementary antiviral, registry cleaning, disk checking, disk defragmentation, driver updates, game booster software to go along with Windows Defender--software that will allow me run FSX and ActiveSky Next for FSX without serious RAM issues. All of the current software I've come across (Norton, McAfee etc.) will pose excessive RAM usage issues for me. Thank you. 

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Kalnon Trainee

Registry cleaning software is not a good idea as it often makes things worse instead of better unless you really understand how to use it properly. It can easily corrupt your Windows installation. Cleaning the registry is not worth the risk. Any professional will tell you it's not a good idea. Besides, it only slows down your pc just a tiny bit and that's only after a very long time.

Gamer Boosters:
Game booster software is nothing but junk. This type of software does not do anything to speed up your pc. It just eye candy that makes you believe it's speeding things up. Same goes for phones btw.

As for Anti-virus I use Bitdefender and it works well plus I have Malewarebytes free version installed to supplement it and I still do manual scans using Windows Defender as another precaution.

Honesty, you should just save up and either build or buy yourself a new pc if you want faster. Your specs seem old and with software now days using gigabytes of ram easily, this is your best solution. 

Pro Member Trainee
Kalnon Trainee

Also, I forgot to add that Windows 7 is now obsolete and is no longer receiving security updates from Microsoft which makes it more vulnerable. It's another good reason why you really should consider upgrading or buying a new pc with Windows 10.

Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

Thank you, Kalnon
/444Pilot

Pro Member Trainee
Kalnon Trainee

You're welcome.  I know pc's and pc parts aren't cheap but it really is the best and practically only real solution to making software and games run fast and smooth without issues and it saves you a lot of hair being pulled out.

Even if you cannot afford a new pc, used or refurbished gaming pc's and parts are for sale all over the web on sites like eBay, Facebook or theirs a great phone app I use called OfferUp (they also have a website) where you can often find good cheap deals.  Just make sure to ask the seller questions about the condition and make sure it's fast enough to run FSX or whichever games you want.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...