Need Advice On Sim Components

n1111z Guest

I'm new here, I could use some advice on choosing a simulator. I got my instrument rating in 1995 and left flying in 2001. Now I'm retired and thinking about taking it up again. I just need a simple sim to reaquaint me with routes and approaches, and the ATC system. I think I just want a simple panel with 2 ipads, one for instruments/controls and the other for the radio stack. I just need joystick with a throttle and I will mount those ipads on mdf board. I will buy a dedicated desktop for the sim software. I desire simplicity; which sim software? best dedicated pc? and which ipad instrument software will provide the simplest integration? Hope I'm not stepping on any toes here, any help would be appreciated.  

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Kalnon Trainee

I've only used FSX and the new MSFS 2020 and of those two I would recommend the new MSFS.  It's much more user friendly than FSX.  P3D  is quite similar to FSX from what I've read but much more polished.  I don't know much about XPlane 11 besides it's much more modern than FSX or P3D and the graphics better. The new MSFS 2020 is less than a year since release, graphics are the best you can find and the flight modeling is more superior compared to the others if your looking for the most realistic experience and for a flight simulator it's quite user friendly.  I can't imagine the others being as friendly.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...