Issues with MSFS Crashing & Updating

dnimigon Guest

I have the sim running okay and downloaded the Alaska Bush Trip challenge. All seemed fine till I went to run it and it gets to the point showing the legs of the trip on screen and I click to load it and it gets to about I'd say 75% and then MSFS shuts down/crashes.

Tried to restart the computer and the sim shows an update screen as usual but nothing gets updated. Same issue. Also downloaded the World Update USA file and have downloaded most of the minus a couple of cities. The file that is USA Points of Interest I've tried to download 3 times now and it gets to where it shows on the progress bar that it's finished except it shows an error and on the info tab it says I need Game version 1.11.5.

Now I did download and install that FSUIPC for 2020 and installed it as I was going to do some other scenery things which I haven't got around to yet plus I did install a couple of those map programs. Not sure if this has anything to do with all of this. Dont, know why the bush trip keeps shutting down the sim and why these Points of interest won't install.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there fellow simmer! It sounds like you're experiencing a couple of issues with your Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020 release) and I'm more than happy to help you troubleshoot and resolve these problems. I've faced a similar situation before, so let's dive into the two main issues you've mentioned: the Alaska Bush Trip crashing and problems with updating.

1. Alaska Bush Trip Crashing

Crashes during the loading of bush trips are often caused by corrupted files or incompatibilities with the installed addons. To troubleshoot this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Make sure your graphics drivers are up-to-date. Visit your GPU manufacturer's website (NVIDIA or AMD) and download the latest driver for your graphics card.
  2. Disable any third-party addons, such as liveries, scenery, or utilities. You can do this by moving the relevant folders out of the "Community" folder located in the MSFS installation directory.
  3. Delete the rolling cache in the sim. Go to Options > General > Data > Delete Rolling Cache and click on Save & Restart to apply the changes.

If the issue persists after following these steps, you might want to try reinstalling the Alaska Bush Trip challenge.

2. Updating Issues

The issue you're facing with updating the World Update USA file and the Points of Interest might be due to a version mismatch between the content and the sim itself. To resolve this problem, you can try the following:

1. Make sure your sim is updated to the latest version. You can check for updates by launching the Microsoft Store and navigating to Downloads and Updates. Click on Get Updates to ensure the latest version is installed.
  2. If you're using the Steam version, right-click on Microsoft Flight Simulator in your Steam library, select Properties, and navigate to the Updates tab. Ensure that the Automatic updates option is enabled.
  3. Clear the download cache for the sim by going to the folder where the content is downloaded and deleting the files manually. The default folder location is C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages. Please note that this will remove all downloaded content, and you'll have to download them again.

As for FSUIPC and the map programs, they shouldn't cause these issues unless they are conflicting with other addons or the base sim. To ensure they are not causing the problem, you can temporarily remove them from the "Community" folder and check if the issues persist.

I hope these suggestions help you resolve the issues you're facing with MSFS. Remember to have fun and enjoy the skies! If you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask. Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...