URGENT please read. DFS opinions,

morton.douglas Guest

I urgently need your opinion on a new product of mine for my A level

Hello
i have recently finished a new and innovative product, which i have dubbed the DFS or "Desktop Flight Sim"
As such it is a compact and neat flight simulator that sits on your desktop, in-front of a monitor or projector, or can be incorporated into a full flight sim.
It is not based on a particular aircraft, but looks a little like a single seater aircraft.
The front panel is made from carbon fiber, with edge glow plastic underneath, which, well - glows 😀
It has a 10" LCD which displays dials, etc... using project magenta's (MCP, and PFD) glass cockpit software
it is compatible with MS FS2004 and FSX and maybe more (haven't tried other sim's)
there are several switches, lots of push buttons and potentiometers, LED's rotary switches and a 10 stage bar graph display
all of these are programmable to your requirements using the incredibly simple software from www.f-d-t.com
the FS contains the following boards from Flight deck technology:
Master-board
32/0/8 input board
32 node output board
Not all of these inputs and outputs are utilized, so this means possible expansion into other items in your flight sim, connectible via a 25 pin parallel port the back
this means that you can plug an extra 24 inputs/ outputs into the DFS.
The DFS plugs into your computer via a single USB input, and is powered by one kettle lead.
All the software installs by a simple application called "DFS install", and runs at the touch of a button, with "DFS Run"
The back has audio inputs and outputs, via gold plated contacts, that connect to dual headphone and mic sockets on the front, for pilot and co-pilot.
The DFS is man crafted and milled with CNC CAM machines. It uses high quality components, and is built to the highest standard

There are pictures of the DFS attached
---
Please can i have your opinion on the DFS, including the following criteria
- Would you consider purchasing a DFS?
- If so, how much would you expect to/be prepared to spend?
- If not, why not?
- What improvements would you like to see to the DFS?
- Any other comments would be greatly appreciated

Thank you very much

Douglas Morton

(i hope the pics work...)

Hi
sorry - i forgot to mention
i am an A level student, and the DFS is my project for my AS level design and technology course.
I am not trying to sell this item, though that may become a possibility in the future.
i just need people's opinion's on my project, for my coursework folder
please reply to this post,
thank you very much

Douglas Morton

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Terrific idea, it not only looks good but it seems to have enough functions for the more than casual flight simmer.
I personally fly only GA aircraft with a smattering of vintage and helicopters so it isn't for me.
As for price, it's hard to say, look around and keep it as low as you possibly can.
Maybe looking into licensing it to someone like CH or Saitek would be your best bet.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Bob Suchowierski (Bob-Ski) Trainee

Group Wave

RadarMan is correct. It does look COOOOOL!!! How do you see simmers using your product? The first thing that came to mind, for me, was using it in place of the 2nd LCD screen I now use for my instruments. Will it interface or act as the buttons, switches and so on in FSX cockpits or other programs? If you could get it to do that I think you would have something that would compete with CH products MFP.
http://www.chproducts.com/
You should also add a link to Glass Cockpit Software so people, like me, will know what you’re talking about. I wouldn’t mind doing a little testing. How about you RaderMan?

Bob Ski
🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Bob-Ski wrote:

Group Wave

RadarMan is correct. It does look COOOOOL!!! How do you see simmers using your product? The first thing that came to mind, for me, was using it in place of the 2nd LCD screen I now use for my instruments. Will it interface or act as the buttons, switches and so on in FSX cockpits or other programs? If you could get it to do that I think you would have something that would compete with CH products MFP.
http://www.chproducts.com/
You should also add a link to Glass Cockpit Software so people, like me, will know what you’re talking about. I wouldn’t mind doing a little testing. How about you RaderMan?

Bob Ski
🍻

I'm up for trying anything out but it will have limited use for GA pilots.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...