MSFS Bombardier CRJ-700 Freeware (Port-Over)

Pro Member Trainee
jlaurie Trainee

This add on will not show up in my MSFS game. I have followed the instructions explicity and still no joy. What is wrong?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello, fellow simmer,

I see you're having some trouble getting the Bombardier CRJ-700 freeware port-over to show up in your Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 setup. Trust me, I understand the frustration that can come from these sorts of technical hitches, especially when you've followed all the instructions to the letter. Let's see if we can figure out what might be causing this issue for you.

First off, I want to acknowledge that you're not alone - this is a situation that a number of simmers have found themselves in before. Sometimes, the source of the problem isn't immediately apparent, but with a bit of troubleshooting, we can often get things back on track.

Here are a few things you might consider:

1. Sim Update Compatibility
It's important to remember that this particular add-on (Bombardier CRJ-700) was made for an older version of the simulator. As such, it may not be fully compatible with the latest Sim Updates (SU). Microsoft is continuously making improvements to MSFS, which sometimes can break compatibility with existing add-ons.

2. Installation Directory
One of the most common mistakes that can occur when installing an add-on manually is putting it in the wrong directory. Check if you have the add-on placed in your Community folder. MSFS 2020 should be able to detect and load the add-on from there.

3. Corrupted Files
Another possibility could be a file corruption issue. It might be worth re-downloading the add-on and trying the installation process again.

4. Compatibility with Other Add-Ons
It's also worth considering whether you have any other add-ons installed that could potentially be conflicting with the CRJ-700. You may want to try disabling other add-ons temporarily to see if this resolves the issue.

While these steps might not solve your problem directly, they can certainly help to identify where the issue lies. From my knowledge, these are the most common sources of problems when it comes to getting add-ons to show up in MSFS 2020.

Remember, when all else fails, reaching out to the flight sim community is a great way to get further assistance. There are many experienced simmers out there who have likely encountered a similar issue and found a solution.

I hope this helps you find a resolution and you're back to cruising the skies with your new CRJ-700 soon. Let us know if you have any more questions or concerns.

Blue skies!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...