Microsoft Flight Simulator: General

Welcome to the General category of the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2022 on Fly Away Simulation! This is your go-to destination for all questions, discussions, and insights related to the newest MSFS release. Our vibrant community of seasoned pilots, aviation enthusiasts, and simulation experts is eager to share their knowledge and experience.

Here, you can delve into various topics including aircraft handling, avionics (navigation, communication, and monitoring systems), scenery enhancements, virtual reality (VR) experiences, and more. Additionally, you can explore hardware compatibility, software configurations, and troubleshooting tips for a seamless flight simulation experience.

Whether you're a beginner seeking advice or an experienced simmer looking to refine your skills, feel free to ask questions and engage in meaningful conversations with our community members. Together, we'll elevate your virtual aviation journey with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2022.

Join us now, and let's embark on a thrilling quest to conquer the skies!

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Brian Wolfenden

Overwriting files when copying

When copying folders to fsx I sometimes get a window saying some of the files have the same name and do I want to replace or skip. It usually happens with gauges or effects files. What should I normally do in this situation?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jb30284 on
sterk03

Time for one more question the trim movement on the joystick.

I set up the joystick and assigned a button for the trim to move. It will move the trim on the aircraft like elevator very slowly and takes a long time to get any movement...but eventually the trim comes out and it goes back to to trim so I'm constantly t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jb30284 on
Bellah1w

Pro Download Speed

Why is my download speed only 210Kb /s when O have 300 MB/s internet. What is everyone else getting as it makes buying pro a waste of money....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
onearmedbandit46 on
Chorizo915

Installing Mods, MSFS2020

I've downloaded the mods, extracted them into the community folder, but the aircraft/scenery aren't showing up in my game.  I re-read the instructions, and tried drilling down into the download folders to try and find which one I'm supposed to move into ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Nathaniela320 on
HSVFlyer

FSX Steam EDition CRJ200 Panel Issue

I'm new, hello to all.  I followed the directions to the letter putting the CRJ200 files into my STEAM/FSX folders.  Everthing works perfect but my panels are blank.  I can cycle through and see them (1-9) but not like you can in the CRJ700.  Please h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
HSVFlyer on
787ewr

Integrating Logitech Yoke with CH Thrustmaster Throttles in Microsoft Flight Simulator: Best Practices and Tips

Hello.  I would like to mix the Logitech pro flight yoke with the CH Thrustmaster Throttles.  Is this possible?  Are there any recommendations?  Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
787ewr on
Joe Kapalko

complete Flight Sim outfit available

I have a complete Flight Sim outfit available.  It includes a desktop gaming computer ,  Also Virpil stick, throttle & foot pedals, Klipsh sound system, LG monitor.  I primarily used it for X-Plane. since I'm an older guy, over 80, I'm ready to move o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Joe Kapalko on
Umberto xx

save a flight and its flight plan

quando si carica un volo salvato con il sistema msfs 2020 di default, il file risulta completamente privo del piano di volo e non è possibile recuperarlo. C'è un modo per evitare questo problema? Grazie...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Umberto xx on
jlaurie

Screenshot location

Where and how do I find MSFS screenshots after using the F12 key?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jeff Laurie on
sterk03

Keyboard info on commands can not locate what keys do what?

Need help finding the list of keyboard items and commands, so when it says (back in air)  where is this key to do this otherwise the aircraft just sits on the ground.  Also how do I pause the flight?  If I try to use the mouse to I think hit the white ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sterk03 on
sterk03

Deactivate mouse in outside camera view to use as a mouse pointer not direction of camera

New to MSFS2020 so need some info on the mouse pointer vs mouse camera movement. When I hit the end key to go outside camera view I have set up the joystick to handle the view of the camera. I wnat the mouse now to be able to click on various items like m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sterk03 on
GerardT

How to do ADD ON's

G MAN  how do I install add ons on the MSFS2020 ??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GerardT on
Hedley Quinton

Texture missing and displaying as a checkerboard pattern

I spent nearly 2 days loading MFS 2020 from DVD plus all the updates. Some aircraft panels are displayed as a check pattern. In cockpit view on the Cessna 152 some of the instruments and all the window views are also displayed as a check pattern. I don't ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Hedley Quinton on
George Ray

Troubleshooting Cockpit Camera View Issues

I cannot get an activated cockpit camera view, I select Ctrl 1, Ctrl 2, etc and the view jumps off, and will not activate. I have been attempting to set new custom camera views without success, this may have caused the problem I have reset the keyboard ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
George Ray on
dankress82

Sub Question

Anybody know who runs this site?  I signed up for membership in January, then cancelled my subscription (sent two emails about it pro@flyawaysimulation.com and never was responded to) and was still charged for it this month.  ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Roger Uytterhaegen

Activation After SSD Upgrade

Hello everyone, After changing my SSD "c" from 1 to 4T, with a copy of the old on the new, everything works except msfs2020. So I reinstalled the 10 luxury premium MSFS2020 DVDs. In the end, he asks me the code of 25 elements, which I do. Answer: This cod...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Steve bsrker

Optimizing MSFS 2020 Storage: A Guide to Relocating Your Installation and Enhancing Performance

Have my MSFS2020/Community/One store folders on a separate drive from base Sim which is on root C drive. I have a DVD version on MSFS. (I also use AddonLinker to link all my aircraft/ scenery from another drive to the Community folder). My questions 1. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Corgi100

Troubleshooting A320 FBW RNAV Approach APPR Button Issues in MSFS

There is no way for me to get the "APPR"-button in an RNAV approach to work. Am I overlooking something or have you experienced the same problem, when flying the A320 FBW (version 0.11.1 stable) in MSFS (version 1.36.2.0)?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
George Ray

Complete Uninstallation of Corrupted Aircraft from MSFS 2020 Market Place

I have a corrupted aircraft bought and downloaded from MSFS Market Place and would like to completely remove all traces of the aircraft so that I can download it again. I don't mean just deleting from Content Manager as this still leaves traces. Please a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
George Ray on
sterk03

Troubleshooting MSFS 2020 Add-ons Installation via Steam

New to MSFS2020 and using Steam. I downloaded some market MSFS2020 products and they showed they downloaded. I now cannot find the downloads and then how do I get to install them? I think I got that it deals with the community and strange one of the down...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sterk03 on
andre magerman

Troubleshooting Failed Marketplace Transactions

Hello sir, I want to buy an addon on Marketplace in MSFS2020. First was it ok but now, every time the order is annulled. What can I do to resolve or to repair this? Help me, please. Andre Magerman.Thanks for this. Best regards....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
finlay

Compatibility for FSX Legacy Aircraft in MSFS 2020

Hello all, I am trying my absolute hardest to get FSX legacy planes and helicopters to show up in the hangar! but no matter what I do, it doesn't work!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Brimmy999

MSFS 2020 Sensitivity settings

Hi can anyone recommend settings for my Airbus joystick that will give me a chance to succeed? Everything I have tried sets me into a spin and renders the sim unplayable. I have tried different settings for all axis but no luck....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
herbert.roach@yahoo.com on
Fabiano Chamone

Updates to FlightLog Analyzer (how to make better usage of your game's logbook)

Hi Guys, After our initial release in November, FlightLog Analyzer has received a lot of new features already, and is a must-have tool if you want to make better usage of the game's logbook. Below are our new features: New Information being collect...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fabiano Chamone on
Peter Lambert

How do I open the Map in MSFS?

I'm pretty new to the sim and while I managed to get the map open once - for the life of me can't find a way to get it to come back up. How do I open the map view in the simulator?  A full explanation would be most appreciated.  Bit of a rookie here....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
James Smith

MSFS Keeps Crashing - Solution?

Over and over, the simulator keeps crashing on me and I can't figure out why.  I've updated the game and updated graphics drivers and still, it crashes and I can't figure out why.  Using Windows 11 (with all updates applied).  Any guidance or explanati...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
10Boom

Problems with ATC Stopping

I get halfway into a flight and ATC just stops. I have delegated communication to the co-pilot and all you hear is him responding. Is anyone else having this problem?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Adam Bentley on
David Rawlins

Resolving PMDG 737 Livery Installation Issues in MSFS 2020

The problem arose after loading PMDG 737 freeware liveries. Have gone back and deleted recents since the problem began, no change. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Todd Breda

Will AI somehow have a massive impact on future iterations of Flight Sim?

As an avid simmer, I am curious about the advent of AI and how it might impact future releases?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
ernesto spada

Enhancing Pilot-to-Pilot Interaction in MSFS: A Proposal for Improved Communications

In MSFS is it possible to communicate with other pilots shown on screen?  And if yes, how can be done?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Wil van de Votstenbosch

Troubleshooting Resetting Settings in Microsoft Flight Simulator

Every time I start the sim all the settings of the former flight are gone and back to default. I spent many hours to solve this without success. Please help. (I am happy with P3D which is stable)....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
JIm French

Integrating MSFS 2020 with VATSIM and IVAO Networks: Compatibility and Setup Guide

Can you use MSFS 2020 on VATSIM or IVAO?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Dan Carey

Running Microsoft Flight Simulator on a Mac: Feasibility and Methods

I have a new (2022) MacPower Book, a large screen.  is there a version of this ported out for mac?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Rudolf Schulz

Troubleshooting A310-300 Cockpit Activation Issues in MSFS 2020

I have a problem with the default A310-300.  So far I was able to activate the cockpit with the following settings on the tablet: Ready for Takeoff Set As Default Activate The cockpit was then activated and I was able to make all the settings, e....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Charlie Sherringham

How long does it take to download MSFS? It's taking forever!

Okay, so I've leaped and purchased a digital copy of the new simulator from a gift card I received over Xmas.  However, after going through all of the hoops I've managed to get the download started but it's taking an AGE!  How long on average will the d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Robert Moore

Airbus A320 in MSFS 2020: Seeking Advanced Upgrades

Since the introduction of MSFS, I have been flying GA twin and enjoying the superb scenery. Now I would like to return to Airbus A320. I haven't followed all the adverts but I would like to see an improvement on the default A320 - any suggestions on where...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on

Resolving Floating Building Outlines and Missing Scenery in MSFS

When I click on "Ready to Fly" the aircraft is flying in a world without proper ground scenery, everything is blue and green and outlines of buildings appear to be floating in the air.  If I restart it returns to normal....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Ricore

Troubleshooting A320nx Engine Start Issues in MSFS 2020

Hello everyone! Happy New Year! For some weeks in MSFS 2020, A320nx Engines don´t start!  PLEASE HELP ME!!! Best Regars Ricardo Nunes...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Miriam Nazrala

What Exactly is Microsoft Flight Simulator?

So I've been reading a lot about flight simulators and the most recent release "Microsoft Flight Simulator" - but what exactly is this?  Can you give me a full information guide about what this is and about flight simulators in general?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Jonathan Price

Is it Possible to Obtain Microsoft Flight Simulator for Free?

So I am running on a very tight budget.  I am a previous FSX (disc) user and would love to upgrade to the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator now I have purchased a brand-new powerful machine capable of running it. However, my conundrum is I have ZERO b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Nicholas Robinson

How to get more planes in MSFS? Expanding My Fleet...

So I've installed the 40th Anniversary Edtion of Microsoft Flight Simulator and while the default plane selection is good, I was wondering if there are any ways to add more planes/aircraft into the simulator? I am researching and discovered that the fr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Jonathan Martin

Where are the aircraft carriers? Are there Any in Default Install?

So I want to start from an aircraft carrier in the Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020 release.  I read elsewhere some default-installed aircraft carriers can be used to take off and land on in - is this true?  If so, how can I use (find) them? Ot...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Piperj3

Compatibility of Third-Party Aircraft Models with MSFS 40th Anniversary Edition

Gentlemen, I'm considering upgrading my MSFSX software to the new 40th-anniversary edition.  Can I download my aircraft models from my third-party suppliers into the new 40th-anniversary addition?  I have a nice collection and I really want to use th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
jameslenzini

Identifying the Correct Community Folder for MSFS 2020 Add-On Installations

Trying to install new airplanes, etc. I found it here. Says extract to community folder but an explorer search shows like 20 folders starting with the word community all under the Microsoft flight simulator sub folder. Using the PC but I have lots of Xbox...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
hugomaki

Troubleshooting A320 Neo Autothrust Activation Issues in MSFS

Hello, My A/THR in A320 Neo does not arm before take-off. It activates only when the engine power is at 100% and when I reach the cruise speed of the autopilot it deactivates. Any idea? Thank You.  ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
sterk03

Optimizing MSFS 2020 Installation: SSD or HDD, What's Best?

I currently fly FSX and FS9 but reading so many articles on MSFS it seems divided. As many love it hate it from the reviews...spending all the time downloading the MSFS? So could I get some honest reviews of how the MSFS is really working I see Steam has ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on

Retaining Flight Plans in MSFS 2020 After Reloading a Saved Session

SAVING A FLIGHT IN FS 2020, WHEN YOU RELOAD THE FLIGHT, THE FLIGHT PLAN GENERATED AT THE BEGINNING DISAPPEARS. IS THERE A SYSTEM TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM? THANK YOU...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
John Beck

Resolving MSFS2020 Installation Error: Feature Transfer and Data Error CRC Issues

Please help me. I have tried to reinstall but after 13 seconds of running disk 1, I get the message: "feature transfer error. Default feature G:\data2.cab. Error: data error (cyclic redundancy check)". I have changed the program from my C:\ drive to my D:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
peterb062

Troubleshooting MSFS Full Screen Issue on Windows 11

I was running a World scenery update on MSFS 2020. It was a 3 Gb download so I decided to leave it and go do something else.  I turned off the monitor, not realizing my machine was set to minimize open windows to the taskbar when the monitor was turned o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
peterb062 on
raphael thys

Mastering Pre-Flight Preparation in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Hello, I've been looking for a few weeks on how to prepare a plane at an airport before takeoff. He puts it directly on the takeoff runway. I don't know how to solve this problem, could you help me?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on

6 pages with 295 questions.

previous123456next
Page 1 of 6