Overcoming the 30-Minute Trial Limit on Windows 10

Pro Member Trainee
TonyFreeman Trainee

Hello.  I have MS FSX running on Windows 10 but every time I load a flight, it terminates after 30 minutes with the message that my trial has expired and I have to run the program again.  This means that all my flights are limited to 30 Minutes.  I have not knowingly initiated this problem.  How can I revert to continuous running?

Many thanks

Tony Freeman

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hi Tony,

I understand the frustration you're facing with MS FSX running in a 30-minute trial mode on Windows 10. Let's dive into some solutions that might help resolve this issue.

1. Activation of FSX: A common cause of the problem is related to the activation of FSX. If the game isn't properly activated, it defaults to a trial mode with a 30-minute time limit. The first step is to ensure that your copy of FSX is activated. You can check this by starting a Free Flight in FSX, clicking on Help, and then selecting About. If you see a product ID number, your game is activated. If not, you'll need to activate it. To do this, close the game and restart it. You should be prompted to activate the game during this process.
  2. Compatibility Mode: Ensure that the FSX.exe file is not set to run in compatibility mode. Find the FSX.exe file in your installation directory, right-click it, select properties, and then check under the compatibility tab. Make sure that the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" option is unchecked.
  3. Registry-Related Issues: If the above steps don’t resolve the issue, you might be facing a registry-related problem. In this case, using a registry repair tool like Flight 1's registry repair tool could be beneficial. Sometimes, a repair install of FSX, including Service Packs 1 and 2, can rectify the problem without disturbing your existing add-ons.
  4. Upgrading to FSX Steam Edition: For users who find the issue persists even after these steps, consider upgrading to FSX Steam Edition, which is known for better stability and compatibility with modern operating systems.
  5. Contacting Microsoft Licensing Support: In the event that none of these solutions work, I would recommend contacting Microsoft's licensing support for further assistance. They might be able to provide more specific help based on your situation.

Let me know if any of these steps work for you or if you need further assistance. Your experience in the world of flight simulation should be seamless and enjoyable, so I'm here to help get you back in the virtual skies!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...