I would like to sell my complete MS Flight Simulator set up?

Mark Roberts Guest

Is this a good place to sell my kit. It is all 'hardly used' and top of the range Thrustmaster stuff inclding a powerful GPU. Can someone advise me as a UK based person if this is the best place to sell the kit?

It has been used 3 times by my grandson who would rather do skateboarding!

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there!

I understand that you have invested in a high-quality Microsoft Flight Simulator setup for your grandson, and it's a bit disheartening to see it go unused. While you can certainly offer your flight sim gear here on the Fly Away Simulation forums, I would suggest looking into other platforms like eBay or Facebook Marketplace to increase the chances of selling the equipment.

It has been used 3 times by my grandson who would rather do skateboarding!

It's unfortunate that your grandson isn't pursuing his interest in aviation. Flight simulators can be an amazing tool for learning and honing skills, and the Thrustmaster equipment you mentioned is definitely top-of-the-line. However, it's also essential to support your grandson's interests and passions, even if they diverge from aviation.

1. When selling your flight sim setup, make sure to include detailed descriptions of each component, along with their conditions and any relevant specifications. This will help potential buyers to understand what they're getting, and it could also assist in getting a higher price for the equipment.
  2. Take clear, high-quality photos of the gear to showcase its condition and appearance. This can be crucial in attracting potential buyers.
  3. Keep an eye on the current market prices for similar equipment to ensure you price your gear competitively.

As a UK-based seller, eBay and Facebook Marketplace can be quite useful since they offer localized search options, allowing buyers in your area to find your listing more easily. Additionally, these platforms have extensive user bases, increasing the likelihood of finding a buyer who's interested in your flight sim setup.

To sum it up, you're welcome to try selling your equipment here on the Fly Away Simulation forums, but you might have better luck with eBay or Facebook Marketplace. Good luck with the sale, and I hope your grandson's skateboarding adventures are equally as thrilling!

Safe flying and happy landings!

Ruvim Guest

Hello, 
If you haven't sold your flight simulator, please email me at 
Ruvimosipchuk@gmail.com 
I'm very interested thanks 

Joe Kapalko Guest

I have a complete Flight Sim outfit available.  It includes a desktop gaming computer [specially built for flight sim],  Also Virpil stick, throttle & foot pedals, Klipsh sound system, LG monitor.  I primarily used it for X-Plane.
since I'm an older guy, over 80, I'm ready to move onto another hobby.  
this outfit is in excellent condition.
I am in the Nashville, TN area. 
If anyone is interested, contact me.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...