787 Dreamliner auto-throttle light starts blinking halfway through flight

Pro Member Trainee
10Boom Trainee

In my copy of MSFS, the 787 Dreamliner auto-throttle light starts blinking halfway through the flight.  Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem. when it starts blinking, the autothrottles are INOP for the rest of the flight.  Any fixes?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello fellow simmer,

I understand that you're experiencing an issue with the Boeing 787's auto-throttle (A/T) system in Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020 release). It's definitely concerning when the A/T light starts blinking halfway through a flight, rendering the auto-throttles inoperative for the remainder of the journey. Let's see if we can help you resolve this issue.

First, it's essential to ensure that your simulator is updated to the latest Sim Update (SU). Regular updates can resolve various issues, and staying up-to-date may alleviate the problem you're facing with the default 787 aircraft. To verify if you're using the most recent version, check the Microsoft Flight Simulator website or the in-game update section.

Secondly, it would be helpful to know whether you're using the PC or Xbox version of MSFS, as solutions might vary slightly between platforms. Based on your response, I can provide more tailored guidance.

Xbox Solution: If you're using the Xbox version, try this workaround: while the autopilot (AP) is engaged, simultaneously press the yoke down slightly and enable the A/T system. This combination should help prevent the blinking issue with the auto-throttle light and ensure smooth operation.

PC Solution: For the PC version, I would recommend checking for any conflicting control bindings or calibration issues with your hardware. It's possible that a misconfigured control setting is causing the A/T system to disengage. You can access control settings and calibration options through the Options menu in MSFS.

If the problem persists, consider reaching out to the official MSFS support forum or the MSFS Zendesk for additional assistance. They might be able to provide more in-depth troubleshooting or offer further guidance based on your specific situation.

I hope these suggestions help you resolve the auto-throttle issue with your 787 Dreamliner in Microsoft Flight Simulator. Do let us know if you find a solution or if you require any more information. Safe skies and happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...