Persistent crash of msfs

Pro Member Trainee
Donanaes Trainee

I bought MSFS on disk Loaded it over many hours and got it up and running and flying at my local airport plus did some of the tutorials. Then got involved in an online scam so deleted everything off the computer and started all over.
The disk version insists I leave a disk in the drive to work. After installing I run the program which functions normally until I am in the cockpit of a 172 then whatever key or control I touch(I've tried a variety) dumps me into Windows. All subsequent attempts are the same. I have fully reinstalled it one more time to get the same response.
Where to from here?
Fortunately, I can run Xplane without problems on the same PC
Don

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hey Don,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing these persistent crashes in MSFS. Let's see if we can get it up and running smoothly for you.

First and foremost, I'd suggest verifying that your system meets the minimum system requirements for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. These include having at least a DirectX 11-compatible GPU with 2GB of VRAM, an Intel i5-4460 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200 CPU, and 8GB of RAM. However, I recommend having a DirectX 12-compatible GPU with 4GB of VRAM and at least 16GB of RAM for a more seamless experience.

Next, let's address the in-game crashes. There are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and hopefully resolve the issue:

Update your GPU drivers: Ensure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card installed. You can find these on the NVIDIA or AMD website, depending on your card.

Disable background applications: Some third-party applications running in the background might cause conflicts with MSFS. Disable any unnecessary background applications before launching the simulator.

Adjust in-game graphics settings: Lowering your in-game graphics settings can help reduce the load on your system and potentially prevent crashes.

Check for Windows updates: Make sure your Windows OS is up to date, as outdated software can cause compatibility issues with MSFS.

Reinstall DirectX: If you suspect an issue with DirectX, you can reinstall it from Microsoft's website.

If the issue persists, I would recommend visiting the official MSFS support forum, https://forums.flightsimulator.com/, where you can submit a support request detailing your issue. The forum also contains a wealth of troubleshooting guides and solutions posted by fellow flight sim enthusiasts.

Best of luck, and I hope you're back in the virtual skies soon!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...