World spinning

Bill Powers Guest

When I open up Microsoft flight simulator and try to file a flight plan the Earth just spins and Spins and Spins and will not stop.  I've been told to take my yoke and move it and it will stop but then it starts spinning again.  Is this a problem that is going to continue because I have not had this problem in the past?

Please help me as much as you can or is there a phone number that I can call and explain or send a picture to where you can see what I'm talking about?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hey Bill,

I've come across this issue before and I believe I can help you out. The spinning Earth problem you're experiencing in Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020 release) is a known issue that some users have faced in the past. It usually happens due to a conflict between the simulator and the controller inputs (e.g., yoke, joystick, or throttle). Let me provide you with a couple of possible solutions that might help you get rid of this spinning issue.

Controller calibration: Before jumping into more complex solutions, let's try the simplest one first. Make sure your yoke or other controllers are properly calibrated. To do this, open the 'Options' menu in the simulator, then navigate to 'Controls'. From there, select your yoke or controller and click on the 'Calibrate' button. Follow the on-screen instructions and ensure that all axes and buttons are working correctly. After calibration, restart the simulator and check if the issue persists.

Disable conflicting controller inputs: If calibration doesn't solve the problem, it's possible that there's a conflict between your controller and the simulator. To check for this, go to the 'Options' menu again and navigate to 'Controls'. Look for any duplicate or conflicting assignments and remove or reassign them accordingly. Remember to save your settings and restart the simulator afterward.

Update drivers and firmware: Make sure that you have the latest drivers and firmware installed for your controller. Visit the manufacturer's website and download any available updates. This may resolve any compatibility issues with the simulator.

Reinstall the simulator: If all else fails, you can try reinstalling Microsoft Flight Simulator. Before doing so, be sure to back up any custom settings or add-ons you've installed. Uninstall the simulator, then download and install it again from the official source. This might resolve any lingering software conflicts or bugs that are causing the issue.

Unfortunately, there isn't a dedicated phone number you can call for support, but there are other resources available. If you're still having trouble, I recommend visiting the official Microsoft Flight Simulator forums (https://forums.flightsimulator.com/) and search for similar issues or create a new thread explaining your problem. The community and developers are usually responsive and can provide further assistance.

I hope this helps you resolve the spinning issue, Bill. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...