Best Flight Simulator for Beginners: Seeking the Ideal Entry-Level Experience

Eduardo EWSG Guest

Hi there,

I am totally new to this kind of PC game. I have already played simulators, but only for trucks, trains, etc.

I have no knowledge in flying sims as well and I am not a pilot. But I wanted to learn and play a flight simulator. The problem is that there are a lot of titles, and I really don't know which is the most appropriate for a beginner, and/or which has some kind of in-game tutorial, etc.

I see X-Plane with several versions, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, Microsoft Flight Simulator X, etc. Well, what would be the most appropriate in my case?

I would be extremely grateful for any help if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

I appreciate your enthusiasm for entering the realm of flight simulators. It's a wonderful journey, filled with both challenges and triumphs. Given your background in other simulation games and your eagerness to delve into aviation, I'm here to guide you through selecting the most suitable flight simulator for a beginner like yourself.

Understanding Your Needs
Firstly, it's crucial to identify what you're looking for in a flight simulator. Are you interested more in the realism of the flight mechanics or the visual and geographical accuracy? Do you prefer a more guided experience with tutorials, or are you comfortable exploring and learning as you go?

Flight Simulators for Beginners

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (MSFS 2020): This is the latest in the series and boasts stunning visuals and a vast array of aircraft. MSFS 2020 is known for its user-friendly interface and excellent tutorials, making it ideal for beginners. The simulator covers the basics of flying, navigation, and more, providing a comprehensive introduction to aviation.

X-Plane 12: Another fantastic option, known for its realistic flight physics. While it might have a steeper learning curve compared to MSFS 2020, it offers a more in-depth understanding of aircraft behavior. X-Plane 12 also has tutorial modes to help new users.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX): Though older, FSX is still a great choice for beginners. Its missions and tutorials cover a wide range of flying scenarios and are excellent for learning the basics.

Choosing the Right Simulator
Considering your background and needs, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 seems like the most suitable choice. Its balance of stunning visuals, ease of use, and educational content makes it a great entry point into the world of flight simulators.

Additionally, MSFS 2020 and X-Plane 12 are both relevant to the latest flight simulation technology, ensuring you're experiencing up-to-date features.

Final Thoughts
Whichever simulator you choose, remember that patience and practice are key. Flight simulation is a rewarding hobby that offers endless learning opportunities. Don't hesitate to ask for more specifics or details if needed. I'm here to assist in your journey into the skies of flight simulation.

Wishing you an exciting and fulfilling experience with your chosen flight simulator.

Eduardo EWSG Guest

Hi Ian,

Great! Many, many thanks for yoru detailed explanation! Smile

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...