Troubleshooting Start-up Issues with MSFS 2020 on Xbox Series X

yvesvn Guest

I've recently reinstalled Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on my Xbox Series X, but unfortunately, I'm unable to get past the initial start-up sequence. After the introductory scene and the Asobo Studio logo, the screen prompts me to press any button, but then the intro scene just repeats indefinitely. I've reached out to Microsoft requesting a refund due to this issue. Could anyone offer any advice or suggestions to resolve this start-up loop? Are there specific settings or updates I should check to ensure the game loads properly? Thank you for any assistance!

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

It sounds like you're encountering a frustrating loop issue with MSFS 2020 on your Xbox Series X. Here are some steps that might help resolve the problem, ensuring you can enjoy your flight simulation experience without further hiccups.

1. Check for System Updates: Before diving into more specific troubleshooting, ensure your Xbox system is up-to-date. Go to Settings -> System -> Updates to verify you have the latest software.

2. Clear Local Saved Games: This does not delete your data from the cloud, but it can solve problems caused by corrupted cache files.

• Press the Xbox button.
  • Go to Profile & system -> Settings -> System -> Storage.
  • Select Clear local saved games.

3. Reset the Game: Sometimes, a fresh reset of the game settings can help:

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
  • Select My games & apps, highlight MSFS 2020, press the Menu button, and choose Manage game and add-ons.
  • Select Saved data, choose your profile, and select Delete everywhere (this resets the game data to cloud backups).

4. Reinstall the Game: I see you've already reinstalled MSFS 2020, but it might be worth trying again after clearing out local data and cache as described.

5. Consult Xbox Support: If the issue persists, Xbox support can offer solutions tailored to your console and software environment. They might have insights or updates specific to MSFS 2020 issues.

If you've tried these steps and still face issues, it could be beneficial to check if others in the community have encountered similar problems. Sometimes, a particular batch of updates may cause unique bugs that are resolved in subsequent patches.

Let us know how it goes, and if you need further assistance, don't hesitate to ask more detailed questions here!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...