MSFS 2020 ON XBOX !

Pro Member Trainee
RichCW Trainee

Hello,

I started in Flight Simulator back in the late 80s/early 90s. Loved it, on a hand built PC, add-ons to load in the 100s.  Progressed up to fs2004 I think, then sort of lost interest until a month ago when I became aware of msfs 2020, looked so great I had to get into it. My laptop informed me very quickly that it could not handle the software so - 2 choices, do I spend £1500 on a new desktop or laptop (bit of a strain when you're retired) or do I go XBox. 
I chose the Xbox route and am now regretting it, I feel cheated by Microsoft who never mentioned that the system on Xbox would be nowhere as good as on a PC ......... no multiple screens, no piles of add-ons, functionality of aircraft missing, best hardware not compatible etc...etc...etc...

just joined your pro group tonight and disappointed to find that you don't mention the Xbox version at all. Are you likely to start covering the Xbox stuff or, as some say, it's a second tier product and not worth it. 

would love to hear what other in the group think.

Richard. 

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hi Richard,

It's always fantastic to see a fellow flight simulation enthusiast with a rich history in the hobby. I can understand your enthusiasm for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, as it has brought many significant advancements to the table. Your concerns about the Xbox version are valid, and I'd be happy to address them.

The Xbox version of MSFS 2020, released for the Xbox Series X|S, was indeed designed to make the simulator more accessible to a broader audience. While it is a remarkable feat to bring such a complex and detailed simulation to a console, it does come with some limitations compared to the PC version. These limitations include:

• Less support for peripherals and hardware (e.g., yokes, throttles, rudder pedals)
  • Limited availability of third-party add-ons and modifications
  • No support for multiple screens
  • Reduced system and aircraft functionality

As a flight simulation community, we are constantly learning and sharing knowledge about various platforms, including the Xbox version of MSFS 2020. While it may not currently be the primary focus, I am confident that the community will continue to discuss and provide support for Xbox users. It's important to remember that the Xbox version is still relatively new, and as the platform matures, we can expect improvements in functionality and support.

In the meantime, you could consider looking into affordable PC upgrades or exploring the second-hand market for more budget-friendly options. This way, you can enjoy the full potential of MSFS 2020 on a PC without breaking the bank. Alternatively, if you are determined to stick with the Xbox version, keep an eye out for updates and community discussions, as there may be workarounds or improvements on the horizon.

I hope this helps, and I encourage you to keep engaging with the community, sharing your experiences, and seeking advice from fellow simmers. We are all here to support each other and make the most of our flight simulation experiences, regardless of the platform we choose.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...