When Is Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 Being Released?

James Silk Guest

Does anybody know the official release date for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 and when it's coming out?

Also, what are the major changes and what can we all expect from this new version?  Will I be able to upgrade free of charge or will I have to buy the new 2024 version?  What about freeware mods - will they be compatible?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

I've gathered some details that might answer your questions about the upcoming release of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 (MSFS2024).

Release Date:
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 is set to launch on November 19, 2024. This date has been confirmed during the 2023 Xbox Games Showcase, so mark your calendars!

Major Changes & New Features:
MSFS2024 brings a plethora of enhancements and new mission types that will undoubtedly enhance our simulation experience. Here’s a rundown of what to expect:

• New mission types including aerial firefighting, search and rescue operations, and more.
  • Introduction of new aircraft types such as gliders, airships, and hot air balloons.
  • Enhanced environmental effects including snow, tornadoes, auroras, and detailed animal migrations.
  • Improved in-game seasons and better ground traffic systems.

Upgrade and Compatibility:
Microsoft has stated that "virtually all" addons from the Flight Simulator online marketplace will be compatible with MSFS2024. However, the compatibility of third-party addons remains uncertain. As for upgrading, no official announcement has been made yet about whether MSFS2024 will be a free upgrade or require a new purchase. It’s advisable to stay tuned for further announcements from Microsoft.

Freeware Mods Compatibility:
The compatibility with freeware mods has not been explicitly detailed yet. Given the significant upgrades and system overhauls in MSFS2024, I'd recommend keeping an eye on updates from mod creators about the adaptability of their mods with the new version.

Remember, as these updates roll out, compatibility and specific features could still be subject to change based on further development and community feedback. It's always a good idea to follow official announcements and community discussions for the latest information.

Feel free to ask if you need more details, and I'm here to help!

Safe skies!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...