Air Force One - Lost and found (for fs9)

5o'clock_charlie Guest

Greetings,

this one is for all aspiring presidential candidates like myself just to point out or remind You, as the case may be, that a pretty decent freeware Air Force One is available at FlightSim.com : os742af1.zip

PROJECT OPENSKY BOEING 747-200 V3 for FS2004 only

**** Air Force ONe B747-200 *****
Copyrights:

This aircraft is made by Project OpenSky

Model Designer : C. Vincent Cho, Yosuke Ube
Flight Dynamics Designer : Nick Peterson
FDE Advisor's : Warren C. Daniel, Simon Ng Hin Tat
Quality Control : Simon Ng Hin Tat
Tested : Project-Opensky Members
Master textures : C. Vincent Cho, Yosuke Ube
Painted : BIll Kovatchev

Above is just a part of the readme file for those of You who are familiar with some of the authors' previous creations.

I am posting this because my usual quicksearches like: Posky, Opensky or Air Force One didn't yield any results.

Hopefully some of You will derive pleasure from this little find,
Your humble servant, 5o'clock_charlie

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
nicam Trainee

I did a search for that file but nothing came up 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Just go to downloads and there is an Air Force One there.

http://www.projectopensky.com/index.php
Boeing 757-200
United States Air Force - VIP Transport (C32

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Just go to downloads and there is an Air Force One there.

http://www.projectopensky.com/
Boeing 757-200
United States Air Force - VIP Transport (C32

Radar

AKA Air Force Two Wink

Pro Member Trainee
nicam Trainee

Is'nt it a 747-200?
thats the old AF1

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

The President uses the 747. The VP and members of the President's Cabinet use Air Force Two, the C-32.

Pro Member Trainee
Scott Archbold (Scotteiboi) Trainee

If I remember correctly he has 4 Air Force One's (lol). The 747, C-32, Some sort of learjet cessna thing, I don't remember, and a 737.

bazman Guest

Any aircraft the president of the United States uses automatically becomes air force one.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

2 747's - President
C-32 - VP
737, Lear 35, Gulfstream - Air Force ummmm.... important people.

does anyone know who the pilots are? are they air force, if so what rank.
generals? Or are the pilots CIA agents?

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

The pilots for Air Force One are Air Force Pilots. They are usally Cols. The Pilots for Marine One (HMX1) are Marine Pilots and can be from a Major to a LtCol.

Ed

thanks Ed,
how can you know all this is there a website with teh information on it?? 😳

thanks Chris,
the websites look interesting. i go back to read now . were is my DICTONARY? 😳

5o'clock_charlie Guest

Greetings,

Chris102 posted some interesting links regarding Air Force One. That one in particular caught my attention. Under the heading FEATURES in the last sentence, second paragraph it states that Air Force One-VC 25 has the capability for in-flight refueling.

Having so far only seen pictures of in-flight refuelling involving fighterplanes I was wondering where the probe required to catch the drogue might be attached on a 747. Then I recalled that somewhere I had read about how during the Vietnam conflict B-52 pilots would take off from Guam with just enough fuel to take off and meet the tankers about 30 minutes into the flight which allowed them to carry more ordinance than the aircraft was designed for. My apologies for digressing.

I did find the answer - and for those of You who are interested, go to:
www.Wikipedia.org and type "aerial refueling" into the integrated searchengine. You won't be disappointed.

However... though the above mentioned Wikipedia entry answered my question, it managed to confuse me at the same time. And here's why:

Guest bazman stated in his post (Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:57 pm) farther up on this page that: Any aircraft the president of the United States uses automatically becomes air force one. In the Wikipedia we read that:...there are no known regular civilian in-flight refueling operations.

There are no reasons to suggest that the Wikipedia contributors are spindoctors. Is there an oversight?

more questions:

Apart from regular civilian flights - are there irregular civilian flights?

When the President boards Air Force One does this become an "irregular civilian flight" - or does the President cease to be a "civilian"?

I am aware that like some Caesars in antiquity the President is Commander in Chief at all times - is he a civilian at all times as well?

Any suggestions as well as criticism will be greatly appreciated!

Yours humbly, 5o'clock_charlie

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Air Force One refuels through the bump in the nose. Here's a picture I took of it in September. ➡

Here's another photo of the E-4B refueling just like Air Force One ➡

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

chris,

I spent 20 years in the USMC. You aquire information from people in the service and share ot most of the time. If it isn't classified that is.

Ed

aa777er Guest

I work on Air force Two 757(c-32a) we have 4 of them tail #'s 98001,98002,98003,99004. we also have 2 (c-40b) tail #'s 0040,0042, five GV's #'s 400,401,402,403,404 and a couple GIII and c-9's. There are only two 747 (vc-25). the aircrews and air force personnel and the maintenance is civilian, except air force one all air force

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

aa777er wrote:

I work on Air force Two 757(c-32a) we have 4 of them tail #'s 98001,98002,98003,99004. we also have 2 (c-40b) tail #'s 0040,0042, five GV's #'s 400,401,402,403,404 and a couple GIII and c-9's. There are only two 747 (vc-25). the aircrews and air force personnel and the maintenance is civilian, except air force one all air force

are you a pilot? That's so cool! Tell the VP I said hi 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...