CS 727 or PMDG 737NG???

Pro Member Trainee
Suds Trainee

Thinking of making an addon purchase. I'm torn between the CaptainSim Legendary 727 Pro and the PMDG 737NG. Can anyone give me some feedback on what they think is the better purchase? Thanks for any help.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Continental 1123 Guest

Hey Suds...I am from MA too..Quincy..I know a few kids from Foxboro...anyways,..i know that captain sim planes are great....but the PMDG seems like a better choice...maybe not for FPS though.

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

Suds,

How about adding the Dreamfleet 727 into the equasion of your decision making?? -Here is the link if you want to ck. it out. -Just released & great FPS by all accounts! -Also reasonably priced, many liveries and paint kit included.

http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/

• Download the 727 Preview Video here (38.4 mb) •

http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/Previews/727/DF727preview1.zip

<<Dreamfleet B727-200.

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

I can only tell you that the CS 727 will not disappoint you. I have flown it around the globe twice and still love it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

OrlandoGeorge wrote:

Suds,

How about adding the Dreamfleet 727 into the equasion of your decision making?? -Here is the link if you want to ck. it out. -Just released & great FPS by all accounts! -Also reasonably priced, many liveries and paint kit included.

http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/

• Download the 727 Preview Video here (38.4 mb) •

http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/Previews/727/DF727preview1.zip

<<Dreamfleet B727-200.

I don't think that I am going to spend 25 bucks on one plane when I got the sim (new sim) for only ten dollars!

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

....yeah but the planes that you get for $25 are in a very different league to any of the planes that come with the standard FS !

Suds - I would recommend doing a search of this forum on both planes - there are dozens of postings and discussions on both.

Basically, both are FAB so you can't go wrong...... One is an old classic plane that's more about the hand flying, and one is an ultra modern plane with all the latest technology.

So it just really depends what you fancy out of these two.... 😉

Pro Member Trainee
Suds Trainee

Thanks for the input guys.
OG, I was checking out the Dreamfleet version also, looks good too!
Unfortunately, the company I work for is in the process of closing, so I'll probably be going on unemployment. Looks like I'll have to stick with freeware for the time being. I just dl'd the Fokker 10070 v.2. Going to give that a whirl for a while.
Thanks again...
Suds

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

The-GPS-Kid wrote:

....yeah but the planes that you get for $25 are in a very different league to any of the planes that come with the standard FS !

Suds - I would recommend doing a search of this forum on both planes - there are dozens of postings and discussions on both.

Basically, both are FAB so you can't go wrong...... One is an old classic plane that's more about the hand flying, and one is an ultra modern plane with all the latest technology.

So it just really depends what you fancy out of these two.... 😉

Really? That is interesting.

Pro Member Trainee
Skymuncher Trainee

Hi,

It depends what you're looking for... The 737-6-7-8-900 are very new airplanes with top systems, while the 727 is becoming pretty old.
Speaking how well the aircrafts are simulated in FS9, I only own the 737, and I am not disappointed at all. I would recommend it. I have heard lots of good things about the level-d 767 also, then if you don't mind a long range airliner it might be good too 🙂

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Surprised

The CS 727 is great because it offers more working gauges than the PMDG, It has more animated features [sliding window] and you get a crew voice package.Thats quit a lot more than PMDG but it ends up beingm that PMDG is most likely more frame rate freindly and there is one thing for sure PMDG is not to frame rate freindly at all.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...