QUESTION about ATIS

Pro Member Trainee
gewoonsander Trainee

Hi everybody!
I'm a fan of FS2004 (just as you are) and I have a question! What I know about it, is that it's only possible to hear/read the ATIS wheater information before take-off and a few moments before landing. But is it also possible to hear/read it while I'm flying and how? When I'm flying VFR I can contact different towers but there's no option to ask wheater information, nor when I'm flying IFR. So is that possible at all?
Tnx!
Sander 😎

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
BerraTV Trainee

ATIS is nothing more than the weather transmitted on a radio frequency. the station transmitting the data has only a limited range. If you want to get ATIS, just tune your COM1 to the ATIS frequency. That frequency can be found in the Map pull down tab, by double clicking on the airport and scrolling through the frequencies until you get to ATIS.

ATIS usually can be heard about 30 miles from the airport, give or take. 😎

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...