FS2002 and commercial flights

pusser Guest

I have recently started using FS2002, and have just come upon a small problem...I think. I was using the "select a flight" link and had chosen the European Commercial Pilot flight. This gives me something like 5 flights to do over a simulated 2 day period. Each flight is listed and one can choose between them. OK, now to the problem, I was flying the last one in the list, Malta to London Heathrow. The flight plan demands 39,000 feet but the assigned aircraft has a service ceiling of 36,000 feet. Of course, I didn't check that before starting because all the other flights only needed around 27,000 or 29,000 feet. So, as I passed 37,000 feet, the aircraft went into a stall and even turning off the auto pilot didn't help me get it back into control without pushing fully forward on the stick. All the while the flight controller is telling me to "expedite my climb to FL390", and even turning him off and trying to get some kind of control failed. I descended to 25,000 feet but the aircraft still wanted to tilt right back and stall. Any ideas? or am I missing something?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
BY767 Guest

Hi! 😀

I have done that flight myself many times in the past and experienced exactly the same problem.

Although the maximum certified altitude for the B737-400 is indeed 36,000 feet (or FL360) it can just manage FL390 at a push!

When you take off at Malta you have to do a very long take off roll - as long as possible! That way you build up a lot of speed and that's what you need. After a gentle rotation put the aircraft into a steady shallow climb - anything too steep will result in you loosing speed which is vital to reaching that high altitude. If you follow those instructions you should be ok! Just remember Long take-off roll, gentle roation, steady and shallow climb and eventually you'll make it.

Another suggestion I have is that you take off with very little fuel, around 25% full and then once you're established in cruise at FL390 go to the menu bar at the top of the screen and select aircraft > fuel and then fill up! There's nothing preventing you from doing that.

Failing that I suggest you change the aircraft from the 737 to the 777 - either before the flight or in-flight. It'll do both so it's up to you! There's nothing stopping you from that on there.

I hope that has helped you!

Joe

(joeyaudcent@hotmail.com)

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...