Addon Scenery 4 Kodiak Island or at least Alaska in General?

Pro Member First Officer
lds_soldier First Officer

Are there any scenery downloads for Alaska, specifically Kodiak Island. The scenery for Kodiak is terrible, especially the float plane ports, they don't exist. The small islands are nonexistent and the town is also nonesistent. Not a single boat in the water which is odd, considering Kodiak is the largest U.S. fishing port in the Pacific and the third largest U.S. fishing port overall. The largest U.S. Coast Guard Base in the world is on this island but there is no sign of it on the sim. Very disappointing. I understand the amount of work put into the program and the demands, but there could at least be a collection of buildings shown somewhere on the island.

Anyway, complaints out of the way, are there any downloads for Alaska, spefically Kodiak island?

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer

I'm also looking for addons for Iowa, specifically Des Moines, Iowa City, Quad Cities, Moline, Ames, Knoxville, Ottumwa, Oskaloosa, Chariton, and Indianola.

Any other sceneries you'd recommend? And how about how to install them? I got one for an airport in Hawaii but I can't get it to replace the default.

Thanks

Pro Member First Officer

Actually, Moline is one of the Quad Cities, I've only been gone 4 years and already I am forgetting easy geography...

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Here is some really good terrian mesh for all of alaska. There is a part 1, 2 and 3. You want Part 3. 😉
Here it is:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/3304/fsx-alaska-38-terrain-mesh-scenery-all-parts/
It may be big but it's worth it. 😀

There should be instructions in the readme file that say how to install it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Look through here, this contains all the scenery at the major download sites.

http://www.freewarescenery.com/fs2004/whatsnew.html

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

I'm downloading Alaska right now. Thanks Sam. I'll get back on what I think as to accuracy and let you know. (I live here, I should know right?)

RadarMan, quite an arsenal of scenery, some awesome stuff to look through.

Thanks

Pro Member First Officer

Hmm...I don't think it worked. I think I'll install it through SimControl this time, cuz I did it per instructions and it doesn't look any different. By the way, the major sticking point I have against the scenery in kodiak (fly out of padq and go toward the city airport) is that the bridge to near island (three islands off the main island, they do show, near island is, of course, the closest to the main island.) is actually in the wrong place. They have it going over Pillar Creek and it looks completely wrong.

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

lds_soldier wrote:

Hmm...I don't think it worked. I think I'll install it through SimControl this time, cuz I did it per instructions and it doesn't look any different. By the way, the major sticking point I have against the scenery in kodiak (fly out of padq and go toward the city airport) is that the bridge to near island (three islands off the main island, they do show, near island is, of course, the closest to the main island.) is actually in the wrong place. They have it going over Pillar Creek and it looks completely wrong.

So you got it to work but it's wrong? Oh well.

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...