Dat files conversion.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I have a problem and need your help.

My mobile phone has crash today morning.(Drop by stairs)Unfortunately it cant be fixed(it doesnt worth the money)so i use an older one i already have.
The point is that i had save all of my contacts in phones memory and not in sim card(too much to fit in)and i have back up them to my pc.The back up file has a ''.DAT'' format and i need a converter in order to convert it to a readble file format(DOC,TXT,XLS or anything familiar)in order to copy them(write them manual)in my new phone.

My crashed phone was a Siemens M65 and my new(old) one is a SAGEM V-65.

I have search net but cant find something usefull.

Any help will be much much appriciate.

Thanks in advance. 😉

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

If you have a windows based machine you should be able to covert from DAT to TXT within windows. Go to where you saved it at and copy it to notepad or word. The dat file may also be read from outlook if you have that. If it is an addressbook it should convert for you.

Please let me know if I was even close.

regards,

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thanks for your quick responce Ed.

I have already trying to open this file with all Office's utillities (word,excel,notepad,wordpad and outlook)but nothing helps.As far as i know the outlook opens only files with ''PST'' format.I also try to import this .dat file to outlook but it cant be recognized.Outlook express has the same problem(outlook express reads files with ''DBX'' format).

I think that ,because this file is stored from a specific siemens software the access to it, is limited.A thought is to redownload this software and try to open the file although i think that the mobile phone must be connect through the irda gate in order this s/w works...and this cant be happens... 😞

Anyway thanks a lot for your help. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer

Greekman72,

Your welcome but I can't think of why ms stuff wouldn't work...??? ❓

Sorry,

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Neither do i...but im working on it ,hopping find a solution.Thanks for your interest Ed. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I finally manage to open this file with notepad from Office 2000 which i run in my offices PC.Although it is strange why Notepad of Office XP which i run in home dont manage to open it.To be specific the file was opened but i have squares and triangels instead of the names ,when i use XP.Maybe it has to do with fonts choice.... 🤔

Thanks a lot Sylvan for this useful programm.Im sure it would be helpful in future.
Just in case i try it also but when i open the file i take the following message:''Access violation at address 0600E74 in module abcant.exe....''

Anyway sorry Ed and Sylvan for spending your time and thank you both 😉

Pro Member First Officer

Greekman72,

It was no trouble at all. I like to try and learn new stuff. When you quit ;earning you may as well be dead.

Regards,

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

edr1073 wrote:

Greekman72,

It was no trouble at all. I like to try and learn new stuff. When you quit ;earning you may as well be dead.

Regards,

Very well said 👍

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...