UK VFR Photo Scenery

Pro Member Trainee
Karl Trainee

I have just purchased VFR Photographic add on Scenery for the UK. Volumes 1, 2, and 4. However now the software is installed, all of the buildings and the rest of the man made structures have all disappeared. Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Idea That's a difficult one, could it be the installation gone wrong or a video card not up to displaying it all (weak card or poor drivers?).
Does the seller of the add-ons have a forum, sometimes they do and you can put the question to the other members.

If you have any further questions about your video card or drives for it please come back.

Good luck with it, sounds like a nice addition, if it gets to work properly.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 You should be seeing autogen buildings and any add on scenery(mainly at low altitude)Check your settings in FS and there is another little tool to adjust click start/programs/Justflight and you should get a terrain adjuster
Let me know how you get on.I have Wales/West & East/Southeast England and I get autogen/add on scenery
Also what system specs do you have ie graphics card,memory and amd/intel
Good luck

I have just read the instructions 🙄 and it states that some of the autogen will be turned off.I tried a Heathrow departure and most of the taller buildings around are there,its only when you go to the smaller regional airports that the autogen seems to switch to a lower setting(But any add on is still visable)

Hope this helps

PS Don't try to fly at night(its as if there has been a huge power cut)

Pro Member Trainee
Karl Trainee

Thanks Guys, if it helps my system is a Pentium 4, 2.6 GHz, with 1 Gig of memory. The video card is an ATI Radeon 9500 Pro, with 128Mb of video memory. I have checked my settings and everything seems to be in order. You notice when you depart from London City, as you climb out you do not get any of the buildings in the London area. I’ve un-installed the VFR Photo scenery, and back come all of the buildings.

mesh and image not overlap correctly

opps...I meant to say...that the there a discrepency between the mesh and the photographic image.....I have Vol 3...(Wales and south west).

It is most noticable near the coast.....where you see the sea is rasied...but still textured as 'sea'.

In the northwest corner of Wales (Lyn peninsular) , I area I have often camped in, I recognised the the coast road(photo image) and hill(mesh)......they are a couple of hundred metres adrift.

And although I can recognise this.....the whole effect still seems a bit 'pixulated to me, not at all kike the photo on the box. Am I being too exacting. I have tried varing the setting....

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...