Reality XP

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Anyone have any experience with the Reality XP gauges? From their site, it looks like a great way to upgrade a bunch of panels, but I'd like to know the reality (pun intended) of it.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain

I am going to answer my own question. Their gauges are good, if you consider a popup gauge as installed in an aircraft. If you actually want to replace a gauge in the panel, be prepared to either hand edit cfg files or spend another $25 for FS Panel Studio.

I am not going to recommend them since their definition of install doesn't mesh with mine.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Anyone have any experience with the Reality XP gauges? From their site, it looks like a great way to upgrade a bunch of panels, but I'd like to know the reality (pun intended) of it.

Not being well versed in these matters at all I actually Googled for Reality XP gauges - to no avail.

I still don't know what you're talking about and considering the lack of responses to your topic I suspect I'm not the only one.

You have got me curious though and therefore some link or any kind of reference might throw some light on the mystery.

Thanks,
Rick 🤔

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thank you, that'll keep me busy 😳

Sorry - what was the question again? 🤔

Pro Member Chief Captain

I'm glad I'm keeping you busy. 😉
I don't think the question matters any more. 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Ouch...!!! Fear

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Ouch...!!! Fear

Is it something I said?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

Ouch...!!! Fear

Is it something I said?

Not at all - ever since grandma used to tell me bedtime stories involving Errol Flynn I've become an admirer of swashbuckling mannerisms. Horse

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

Going back to the subject. The Bonanza A36 came with Reality XP gps it seems to very realistic (patterned very closly after real life units) would be a nice addition to any panel. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain

The FeelThere Cessna 208B Deluxe comes with their Garmin 530 and 430 units, which are very good. I got their Sandel SN3308 with the hope of being able to install it in a number of panels. However, their installation program merely adds it as a popup. To actually replace a gauge in the panel with it, you have to either edit the panel.cfg by hand or buy another $25 program to customize your panels.

I suppose I could simply resize the popup and drag it over the gauge I wish to replace, but that is a bit tacky. It's a great gauge. It is just the installation of it that is much less than I hoped for.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...