Crash guide to taxi-ing an aircraft

Pro Member First Officer
leachus2002 First Officer

Hi Peeps,

I am having real trouble getting my 747 from the gate to the taxiway - I always seam to have too much power.

Can anyone give me a rough guide on the speed I should be doing on the taxiway and how I should be doing it?

Leachus

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Keep around 20 knots on taxiways, around 10 for turns. Depending on which aircraft there are different ways to do it. Using the throttles is the most common way though. Some aircraft have a "taxi" panel, where you can "cheat" and put in a taxi speed. Then it remains constant. I use throttles always.

Pro Member First Officer
leachus2002 First Officer

Thanks Bindolaf

I will have a go at that now.

Leachus

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

The PMDG 747 operational guide was pretty helpful at taxing. The speed tips are right on, but also don't use more than 40.0% thrust. Since the 4 engines take a while to catch up, you'll go FLYING down the taxiway when they do! I've been putting that into practice and it REALLY seems to help!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Hmmm, maybe "crash" in the subject isn't quite what you meant. 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...