Landing Permission Denied.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Hello my friends 😀 .I would like to ask for your help to the following:

I start a VFR flight but when i approach to my destination and asking for permission to land it was denied Crying or Very sad to me because the airport was in IFR condition(bad weather conditions).What i have to do in order to land?

Thanks in advance. 😉

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Well, either fly out of the bad weather to a new airport that IS under VFR conditions, or open an IFR flight plan with the controller (just make sure you're rated for it 😉 ).

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

originalgrunge wrote:

Well, either fly out of the bad weather to a new airport that IS under VFR conditions, or open an IFR flight plan with the controller (just make sure you're rated for it 😉 ).

Thanks a lot for your responce my friend.
I try to change my flight to IFR but since i run FSPassengers same time i couldnt do it or i have to aboard FSP.

Thanks again for your help. 😉

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

I had the same problem the other day while flying in a snowstorm. I was flying VFR and was denied since the airport had went to IFR only. I found an alternate airport nearby (local municipal with no IFR) and landed there.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Greekman, here is the picture you couldn't get. You should get it now, I have it on a different site. 🙂

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

In real life if the conditions permit you can request the controller for something called Special VFR.

Don Wood Guest

SamIntel is correct. A pilot can request a Special VFR clearance to take off, land, or to transit controlled airspace provided he/she meets 3 requirements.

1. Remain in radio contact with ATC while in the controlled airspace.
2. Remain clear of clouds
3. Visibilty one mile or greater

If a pilot cannot comply with either #2 or 3, he/she must request and receive an IFR clearance prior to entering the controlled airspace where the conditions are lower than these requirements. Special VFR is available only to private aircraft not-for-hire. Any commercial flight in these conditons must file and be cleared IFR.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

WarHawk...Great just Great... Clap Clap Clap

In another site???Traitor... Evil or Very Mad ❗ ( 😉 😉 😉 )

Samintel and Don...The options that FS gives doesnt including something that i have to choose on order to ask some of your points... Dont Know

How i make this request of special VFR?

I know that im boring and get you tired from my less knowledges but i bet on your kindness and patient... Embarassed

Don Wood Guest

As far as I know, FS9 does not include any Special VFR capability. You either fly VFR or IFR. FS9 replicates real world in some ways but it also has serious differences and this is one of them.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I see... 😉

Thanks a lot Don. 😂

Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

greekman you help people much more than you ask for help you deserve it mate 😀 🍻 👍 Clap

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thanks a lot Beerbadger Embarassed ...Cheers my friend 🍻

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

😂 No, I don't have the picture posted on another site, I moved my pictures to a new web space that works.

Now the plane, as a joke I picked what I thought was about as ugly as an airplane could get. I told you i was going to be different. ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

WarHawk42 wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

😂 No, I don't have the picture posted on another site, I moved my pictures to a new web space that works.

Now the plane, as a joke I picked what I thought was about as ugly as an airplane could get. I told you i was going to be different. ROFL

😂 😂 😂

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

If flying using FSP you should always file a flight plan and give a time of arrival(make sure you time it gate to gate) You will score more points for landing at the said airport and even more for acurate time of arriva(at the gate)👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

tomthetank wrote:

If flying using FSP you should always file a flight plan and give a time of arrival(make sure you time it gate to gate) You will score more points for landing at the said airport and even more for acurate time of arriva(at the gate)👍

Well thanks a lot TTT ❗ ❗ ❗ I really didnt knew that...
Your are great ❗ ❗ ❗ (when you leave your barel at side... Poke in Eye )

I ll check it tommorow and let you know the results.

Thanks a lot. ❗

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...