ACTIVE CAM, WING VIEW

Pro Member First Officer
Dan Young (dannyboy2005) First Officer

I have purchased Active Camera after reading some reviews and i have almsot mastered it in 10 minutes. The peoblem is i want wing view. I do external view, then walk up to the wing, adjust my height and look out the wind but when i pull away the cam stays stil and plane keep going. I have looked on the AC site and it don't tell u how to keep a fixed point.

Pleas help

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

go to the virtual cockpit then move your camera back until you see a wing if you see no wing your plane does not have a wing view meljet has some wing views and many others

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

OFFTOPIC:

I don't know why, but by looking at your post I feel like eating campbell tomato soup.. too bad I don't have any here 😞 I'll go buy some tomorrow or Monday 😀

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

OFFTOPIC:

I don't know why, but by looking at your post I feel like eating campbell tomato soup.. too bad I don't have any here I'll go buy some tomorrow or Monday

thats completely stupid and an unnecesary waste of website

I dont think you can do that with active camera. Your best way is to look at the wing in the virtual cockpit

Pro Member First Officer
TimH First Officer

Go into your virtual cockpit

Press and hold Numpad 2 so you start going backwards. Keep going until you get to the wing and then face left or right so you are looking down the wing. You should now have a wingview

Pro Member First Officer

thanks guys, i'll try it. Also, When doing External view, where u can walk around aircraft, How can you place the camera at the other end of the runway etc without having to spend half hour walking up it?

Pro Member First Officer

I did the wing view, thanks for helping me.

How can i move the extrenal view to the bottom of the runway without walkinng down there?

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (SpiderWings) First Officer

Again I'm not familiar with Active Cam or what advantages it has over taking screen shots from spot plane views, or tower views. I've been able to get some fun shots with the spot plane. Below, I'm in the Extra and the screen shot is with the spot plane positioned in a unique spot for sure. (Rome, Italy)

I've taken others with the view looking up through the cabin of the Cessna Caravan I'm flying. This is one of my favorite perspectives of the plane I'm taking off from Athens with, while another a/c has just taken off on the other parallel runway.

I've reduced them both to avoid making the page scroll.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...