Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

KIRK OLSSON F-16 PANEL/ AFTERBURNER/ VAPOR HELP!

ORSAG
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:58 pm 

Hello,

I am looking for the "BEST" quality addon PANEL/HUD-AFTERBURNER EFFECT - WING TIP VAPOR add on for the f-16 by "Kirk Olsson"

When I load Kirk's f-16 in fs9 there is no HUD or 2D panel , when I try other view's Ie: hud - hud bright etc: the cockpit is "dark"

I also need some "straight forward" hopefully detailed instruction's on how to load them in fs9. Confused

Kind Regards
venom

[size=18][/size
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:27 am 

Welcome to the forums ORSAG Cheers!

Yet another great Kirk Olsson creation. Improvements have been made to the original and the one I've been flying ever since it's release is this one:

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2623/fsx-lockheed-martin-f-16-fighting-falcon/

Needless to say you take the one at the bottom of the page, uncharacteristically both files share the same name...

This file is complete, ABs work and everything else you can think of. For your future reference, if you ever come across another file developed by this team, you can bank on it. They're the real deal.

Now to the installation, it's pretty straight forward:

After having extracted the contents of f-16c_haf_v3.zip you'll be left with a .txt file and a folder: F-16C_HAF_v3... place this folder as is into your fs9 / aircraft directory.
Next, open this F-16C_HAF_v3 folder.

Amongst the many folders and other files you'll find an 'effects' folder (probably at the top of the list) --- open this 'effects' folder and copy and paste all of its contents into your fs9 / effects directory - there should be 19 effects total.

Next step: Open the 'gauges' folder (also on top of the list) and copy and paste all of its contents (including the subfolder 'Falcon') into your fs9 / gauges directory - there should be 55 items total (including the 'Falcon' folder). Your done.

Have fun Very Happy
ORSAG
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:36 pm 

Tailhook wrote:
Welcome to the forums ORSAG Cheers!

Yet another great Kirk Olsson creation. Improvements have been made to the original and the one I've been flying ever since it's release is this one:

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2623/fsx-lockheed-martin-f-16-fighting-falcon/

Needless to say you take the one at the bottom of the page, uncharacteristically both files share the same name...

This file is complete, ABs work and everything else you can think of. For your future reference, if you ever come across another file developed by this team, you can bank on it. They're the real deal.

Now to the installation, it's pretty straight forward:

After having extracted the contents of f-16c_haf_v3.zip you'll be left with a .txt file and a folder: F-16C_HAF_v3... place this folder as is into your fs9 / aircraft directory.
Next, open this F-16C_HAF_v3 folder.

Amongst the many folders and other files you'll find an 'effects' folder (probably at the top of the list) --- open this 'effects' folder and copy and paste all of its contents into your fs9 / effects directory - there should be 19 effects total.

Next step: Open the 'gauges' folder (also on top of the list) and copy and paste all of its contents (including the subfolder 'Falcon') into your fs9 / gauges directory - there should be 55 items total (including the 'Falcon' folder). Your done.

Have fun Very Happy

Denny,

Thank you for the reply and info. I will give this a try today

kind regards Very Happy Very Happy

Orsag

Denny,

I loaded the file(thanks again) however my hud , and both mfd's are blank. I do not even have a pitch ladder! Confused Question

I followed your instruction's as posted? Is there anything else I need? Question

kind regards

Dennis Confused
VENOM
warlord40
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:09 am 

Its Tailhook not Denny...thats just his signature, but then again.... Laughing
And welcome to the forums Very Happy
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:34 am 

Ok, this is what my panel looks like:

As you can see, everything is where it is supposed to be -- you can even see my hands on throttle and stick Very Happy

I'm guessing that you don't have FSUIPC yet. Download it from here:

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1689/fsx-fsuipc-409/

After you've extracted the .zip folder and opened the folder named 'FSUIPC', copy and paste the FSUIPC.dll 3.8.0.0 file into your Modules folder which resides in your main fs9 directory: Program Files / Microsoft Games / Flight Simulator 9 / Modules.

If you followed my instructions regarding the installing of the gauges and effects above correctly (better check twice) -- you should now be in business.

NOTE: Even if everything works fine now, you 'might' still get a warning prompt when you load this aircraft, something referring to the version of FSUIPC... you can just ignore this warning and continue loading the a/c.

One of these days you'll have to explain to me what a 'pitch ladder' is... do I have one? ...do I need one? ...does it have to do with taring and feathering witches?

Denny Crane.
ORSAG
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:17 pm 

Tailhook,

I figured it out, thanks to your"very much"appreciated help!!! Very Happy Very Happy
VENOM

Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum