Zlin Z 137T adding Icons to 3D cockpit

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

I recently installed a freeware airplane from PC Pilot and it has a 3D cockpit but not a 2D one. I would be interested to know how one goes about adding Icons to provide GPS, Map etc which does not appear to be possible. I have plenty of experience in adding them to 2D but none at all in 3D. I'm probably missing something!

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
e4cpltom Trainee

Personaly I just hit the shift 1, shift 2, shift 3.... untill I run out of what is available and then go with that.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Aldeeb wrote:

I recently installed a freeware airplane from PC Pilot and it has a 3D cockpit but not a 2D one. I would be interested to know how one goes about adding Icons to provide GPS, Map etc which does not appear to be possible. I have plenty of experience in adding them to 2D but none at all in 3D. I'm probably missing something!

To my knowledge Aldeeb the 3D cockpit or VC is an integral part of the model (.mdl file). I have read that you can edit the .mdl but personally have no experience in it. To open an .mdl file use Microsoft Word or an equivalent. 🍻

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

Tailhook, I think we got this forum covered pretty well; Seems like I've got most of the basic computer questions covered, and you've got most of the FS specific questions covered. (BTW, you have a really uncanny ability to nail down weird bugs in flight sim...) Cheers to us! 🍻

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

Thanks all, I think the "shift 1" etc is a good lead and will give it a whirl.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...