PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies

Pro Member Trainee
vickysokhi Trainee

Hi,

I have recently buy PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies and when i try to take my test flight & when i saw the cockpit i was surpised I didnt find the small icons for GPS,MAP etc which we used to have in other aircrafts. Whats shall I do i am used to thoes icons.

Pls advise

Vik

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
spuddi Guest

go to key assignments and assign a keyboard shortcut for the GPS and radio stacks, etc

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Sorry to disappoint you, but there is no GPS or Radio Stack icon for the PMDG747. This plane uses very accurately modeled systems, so if you want to program in your route, you'll have to do it manually using the FMC. The radios you'll find on the pedestal (one of the buttons at the top of the screen where the view-switcher is). I definitly reccomend a tutorial to help guide you few your first few flights.

Pro Member Trainee
vickysokhi Trainee

Hi

I was about to land at YSSY Kinsford Smit Intl airport I am flying PMDG747 Queen of the Skies And when I get approach clearence from the ATC and after finding the ILS hdg (very diffcult to find) I was surpised to see that there is nothing on palel where i can put the ils hfg of the airport...Pls advise me what shall I do now..How do I apprach t the airport How to I labd the Big giant aircraft....
And pls tell me what FMC and where can I find that
Pls help me #

Vik

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The inbound course for the ILS will be set with the HSI course selection knob. This setting has nothing to do with the course signal of the ILS. The purpose is so that the course deviation indicator (CDI), the center portion of the HSI course needle, left-right indications make sense as you fly and make corrections. FMC is also called FMS. There is a section on SID's and STARS in the tutorial link below. I know that this is only a simulation but you're in the deep end of the pool and you can hardly swim. I will still try to help you but you should not be flying the default 747 much less a super realistic program like PMDG 747. I say this not to be mean or disrespectful but out of concern for you. 🙂

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_management_system

http://www.tradewind.org/TCA/files/IFR-Tutorial_english.pdf

Pro Member Trainee
vickysokhi Trainee

hI

Thanks for the reply but my dear friend can i ask u afavour can u pls tell me where is HSI course selection knob and how can i put the ILS Hdg in the courese slection know I cant find course seletion knob on the panel..

One more thing is PMDG747 Queen of the Skies is not very good aircraft bec u have said that "you should not be flying the default 747 much less a super realistic program like PMDG 747." Is my money spend is worth or not

Pls advise me

thanks

vik

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I don't have the program so I can't tell you how to set the HSI directly. I have been trying to research it and I think that you set it with the FMC. You will have to check with the manuals that you get with the program or some one that has it. Originalgrunge's post above should lead you in the right direction.

From everything that I've heard about PMDG 747, it's one of, if not the best, 747 simulation programs you can buy. The problem is that flying a 747 is very hard, even in a simulation. They try to make it as real as they can. When real pilots get to the First Officer(Co-Pilot) seat of a 747, they have been flying for over 10 years. It still takes them 2 months of 747 training. I simply meant that you need to learn the basics of IFR flying, IAP charts, autopilot operation, GPS and VOR navigation, on a easier to fly aircraft first. Then you can move up to the 747. You're in computers. In computer world, this is like someone trying to set up a server and write C++ programs when they don't even know what a CD-ROM is! Start with the Cessna 172 and work your way up. 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
vickysokhi Trainee

Thnaks CRJCapt the the advise...I have been trying to look through the manuals but cant find any thing .. So far according to my flying I am ok in landing the other aircrafts with ILS hgd etc..I i can land very well thats what fspassanger asid andreport to me about my flying only thng is that this planes look real to me that why I bought the software never mind i guess i have to stop flying queens of skies

thanks

Vik

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

You can still fly the Queen of the Skies, but I would highly recommend you to read the manual that came with your aircraft. If you read it completely, you will understand this wonderful aircraft much better. I don't know if PMDG makes flying tutorial for its aircrafts, but if you happen to have a tutorial, go for it and you'll learn lots of stuff.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I found the manual for the PMDG 747 on line. It has 382 pages. I read some of it concerning the FMC. As far as I can tell, you don't have to set the ILS inbound course, it's automatic if you follow the correct procedure for setting up the ILS in the FMC. The NAV/RAD key should access a page that you can manually set the VOR frequencies. I would get the manual printed at a commercial printing place. This aircraft is sophisticated. I've been doing this awhile and I know alot but I would have to study the manual to fly this aircraft. You can fly this aircraft but it will take alot of reading and tutorials. Much of it can be learned in a easier, default aircraft. The only system that you can't learn in a default aircraft is the FMC. 🙂

can anyone maybe say me why is the electricity in my PMDG 747 panel going down after few seconds, right after starting to play? I don't touch anything whatsoever, it just goes down and doesn't come back. Had anyone anything similar?
It's not the all electricity, but just the LCD monitors are going black.

Pro Member Trainee
vickysokhi Trainee

Thanks CRJCapt can u pls provide me wit the link of the maual. So u r tying to say that i can set the Aproach on my queens on skies.

So the manual tells all about setting up the ILS in the FMC

Vik

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

can anyone maybe say me why is the electricity in my PMDG 747 panel going down after few seconds, right after starting to play? I don't touch anything whatsoever, it just goes down and doesn't come back. Had anyone anything similar?
It's not the all electricity, but just the LCD monitors are going black.

Are the APU's running?

Seriously it seems like some of you should NOT be buying this aircraft because some of you seem to not have grasped the basics of flying much less a amazing payware plane such as the PMDG 747.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Here is the link to download the PMDG 747 manual. You can set the FMC for any approach but I don't have the program so I can't walk you thru the process. Check for any tutorials in the program and on PMDG's website. Read through the manual. It's a big manual with 382 pages. I would have the manual printed so you can study it more easily, go to a commercial printing place with the PDF file and they can print it for you. 🙂

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/file_library/documentation/PMDG747_400_OPERATING_MANUAL_V10.zip

Last edited by CRJCapt on Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee
vickysokhi Trainee

hanks CRJCapt for your help... I do get the whole manual printer..If u want the software I can gave it to u so that ucan also have alook and help me

Vikram

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

That's very kind of you Vicky but PMDG has a long list of anti-piracy procedures to avoid giving the program to another person. This program will take more time to study than I have right now. My old computer would have a hard time running it anyway. I'm hoping that someone that has the program will step in and help you. Not that I don't, it would just be easier for someone who has been flying the program to help you. Originalgrunge may have the program. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

To: Guest asking about panel failure PMDG 747

This is an indication of a validation problem, contact support at: support@precisionmanuals.com

thank you for your support, problem solved already. 😉
Now I have to learn how to set up flaps automatics or similar before take off, so my master warning light and sound shuts up. Is it normal that I have master warning up to 80knts and then it dissapiers above this speed? hm.. still so much to learn.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Guest,
Good luck with the program. It seems great but super detailed. I'd recommend having the manual printed to make studying easier. 🙂

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/downloads/inc_downloading.asp?iFile=461

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...