Reinstalling FSX problem

Pro Member Trainee
sarboy Trainee

I uninstalled FSX to make room on my hard drive but now I've installed a bigger drive. I uninstalled it properly and also deleted anything that could be FSX related but now when I try to reinstall FSX I get the screen that gives two options, one to repair and one to remove after which I get the error 1605 message. I don't want to reformat the drive as it has MSFS on plus lots of other stuff so any ideas please?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The chances are that you didn't eliminate all of FSX, especially the registry.

Use this to clean out all the remaining folders and files left behind when you uninstalled FSX.

https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo-uninstaller-free-download/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
sarboy Trainee

Have tried Revo and Iobit uninstaller but still get the error 1605 when I try to reinstall

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
sarboy Trainee

Thanks RadarMan, have tried everything but no luck. Think there must be a fragment leftover somewhere in the registry. Will just have to carry on with MSFS and FS2.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...