I have a problem with my GPS approach to a particular airport. When trying to set up approach to Halim airport (WIHH) using GPS it causes fsx to freeze. Using GPS to set a course to Halim destination does not cause any problem using the GPS. This problem seems to be specific to Halim only, as all other airports I've used setting up approach to VOR or ILS have no problems. Anybody know what could cause this. I've tried or the usual like reinstalling etc and also readings many forums for this type of problem, but still the problem persists.
1 Answers
There may be a problem (bug) with that airport.
FSX has a few scenery problems this could be one.
You could also be overextending your computer at this one airport.
The only way to check this is to lower all your slides thereby redirecting more CPU power to the Sim not the looks of the Sim.
I would lower autogen, shadows, AI and clouds.

Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
Recently answered
GeneralHow do you fly an ILS approach in Infinite Flight?Fly an ILS approach in Infinite Flight: tune NAV1, intercept correctly, use APPR, fix capture…Read answer →DCS WorldHow do I set up a Logitech X56 HOTAS in DCS World?Set up a Logitech X56 HOTAS profile in DCS World with correct axes, button mapping, tuning…Read answer →MSFSHow do I fly an ILS approach in the Fenix A320 for MSFS?Fly a Fenix A320 ILS approach in MSFS: MCDU setup, ILS tuning, LOC/GS capture, FMA checks…Read answer →MSFSWhere can I download CRJ liveries for MSFS 2020?Download CRJ liveries for MSFS 2020, check aircraft compatibility, install them correctly and…Read answer →
Trainee
Chief Captain