A380

I just have a few questions here.

I was reading the stuff posted on the A380 and i dont understand what they ment when they said 13 billion dollars to develop. But what im asking is how much does it cost to make an A380.

Also this is more of question ive been wondering for a long time. What is the chance that a brand new pilot who came into the airline at an decent age will ever get to fly the big planes like 747-400, or in this case now A380. Im pretty sure you first achieve this level of airplane quite later on in your career, or is it very very rare to get to fly at this level?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

not sure on your first question

secondly. From speaking with a NWA pilot, according to him, the plane you fly is based on seniority. You could be a rather bad pilot, but if you've flown more hours than Rod Machado, you'll be in the 747, and Radarman, the best pilot in the would, would still be cleaning bugs off his ERJ-200 because he's only been working there for 2 years.

Ahhhh ok, yea i knew about senority. But i wonder, if you start early in an airline and you manage to keep that job,(saying everything goes good and the airline doesnt go bankrupt), chance are good that you will eventually get up there to the big planes?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

pretty much that's the impression I got from my pilot-friend.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...