problems with f-14 tomcat

Pro Member Trainee
rivalmel Trainee

it shows when you go to pick it when you say fly it goes blank then the program has to close if you know how to fix it please let me know
thank you

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

You may have not installed it properly. This is how to install them:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

Pro Member Trainee
rivalmel Trainee

ive tried it 3 times now and it still dont work. is there another way i can get the file.

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

If you get an error message what does it say?

Pro Member Trainee
rivalmel Trainee

THIS IS WHAT IS SAID An unknown error occurred on your computer that caused Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight to malfunction. At this time we do not understand what caused the problem with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight.

Problem Resolution:

A newer version of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight is available. The new version may not fix the error you reported, but Microsoft recommends that you install it for increased reliability. To learn more about the update, click the link below.

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

Was FS9 OK before you installed this F14? What model was it and where did you get it from? Can you provide a link? Have you downloaded and installed before without problems? Have you taken it out and tried to start FS9 again?

The updated version would be the patch I believe. I don't have it as I'm not having problems with anything. As someone said "If it's not broke don't fix it" or something like that.

Answer above and we'll see what we can do.

Pro Member Trainee
rivalmel Trainee

ITS THE TOPGUN VERSION WITH MAVRICK AND GOOSE AND ALL THE OTHERS. FS9 WORKS GREAT OTHER THAN THAT FIGHTER JET NOT WORKING

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

You sould try installing the fs9 update. www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/ If that does not fix your problem, uninstall that plane. It may have a virus or something.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
rivalmel Trainee

I DID HOW EVER GOT THE REGULAR F-14 TO WORK BUT WHO CARES AT LEAST I GOT ONE TO WORK. THANK FOR ALL YOUR HELP. TO ALL

Pro Member Trainee
rivalmel Trainee

ONE MORE ? HOW DO YOU GET THOSE PICS IN THESE WRITINGS

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

rivalmel wrote:

ONE MORE ? HOW DO YOU GET THOSE PICS IN THESE WRITINGS

This should help.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/1067/how-do-you-post-images/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
rivalmel Trainee

thank you very much

😎 I had the same problem with the f-18 an eventually tracked the problem down to the panel file (yeah! of all things.) I guess the parser found some issues it didn't like very much: I believe it was in the catapult launcher. Anyway the solution was to download and Carefully put a new panel together. I even manually made sure every gauge, effect, texture and sound that was called for in the CFG files was there. It took a while. If you don't want to spend the time on it just download one of the other F-14 panels or try FS2004 Grumman F-14B Tomcat package with the Vf-32/102/103 by Dino Cattaneo can be found @ https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/728/fs2004-grumman-f-14b-tomcat/ I love to fly these the swordsman is my favorite of any other plane. You can tweak the Aircraft.CFG to make it flat out move.

Pro Member Trainee
KZFlight Trainee

Just out of curiousity and the need to destory something... Is it possible and if it is, how hard would it be to make the weapons usable on the F-14 Tomcat? I'm thinking a dogfight in Multiplayer Mode... Creating a HUD for the weapons systems would be needed also. Is it possible or just too much work❓

I had the similar prtoblem I now have 3 different versions of the tomcat by jeff dobbing I don't remember if I got that model from a different site that worked or if I just ended up modding the working ones .cfg file to just use the top gun textures but I would try downloading it from another site or 2 if it still doesn't work just modify you're .cfg file to use the topgun textures... I would offer a site to help but I kinda taught myself... if you can't find anything or how to do it mail me at jessyager@sbcglobal.net I will try to help you out...

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

rivalmel wrote:

ITS THE TOPGUN VERSION WITH MAVRICK AND GOOSE AND ALL THE OTHERS. FS9 WORKS GREAT OTHER THAN THAT FIGHTER JET NOT WORKING

I have that version and it works here, which indicates the package is capable of working. My guess is that something in your installation of it went awry. My suggestion would be to remove it and then try again with more attention paid to the details of installing it.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...