creating wingviews

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

right the title isn;t exactly right - i can make wingviews, but i don't know what this is exactly called so bear with me. basically, in some aircraft the fuselage is transparent when in cockpit view. in some planes the whole aircraft is transparent. now, the plane i'm flying is completely transparent, and i want to make wingviews forward. so my question iis:

how do you make the wings/other bits of the aircraft model visible in the cockpit view?

sorry i don't know all the correct terminology.

hinch

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Ah,wing views,my favorite subject 🙄

You are right in that some aircraft the fuselage is transparent when in cockpit view,but you can see the wings. This type of model you can easily add the views via the panel config(with this type you see the models real wings)
Some aircraft are fully transparent and no "real" wing view can be added.
You can cheat the views by adding pictures to the panel config and editing the file

Search Avsim or other for wing views and you will find that some are just photos of the wing which you can add(so no spoiler or flap movement)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

here`s my question how do you add wingviews with spoiler fplap and reverse thruster movement?

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

The easyist aircraft do do it to are the iFDG airbus's ➡

IFDG (Now closed)moderndl.php

old post about wing views ➡

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/1084/project-wing-view/

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I just checked,to see if they were still there 🙄 there is a video with the wing views to watch here ➡

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/86/fs2004-movies/

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i've made wingviews before, i just wondered if in my aircraft i could make the wings visible.

no then? 😞 oh well, i might cheat with pics but then there's no spoiler action is there 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

tomthetank wrote:

I just checked,to see if they were still there 🙄 there is a video with the wing views to watch here ➡

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/86/fs2004-movies/

Right - now that I'm downloading this movie again on DUN and we seem to be heading in that direction anyway... I think I deserve an answer to my question: ➡

T_T_T, where have you hidden that wonderful tutorial you made? The one that deals with making videos - using fraps etc..

That should be up in the 'Stickies' ...and I bet you some people would actually start reading them Read

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Umm... I will update the tutorial and post later 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...