BAe 146 / Avro RJ

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i've been taken in my these aircraft! they look quite nice and are so easy to fly due to the slow landing/take-off speeds - and i currently do have a fascination with grass/crappy runways.

anyway i've tried 4 different bae's/rj's so far, these being:

- Jon Murchison arnz.cjb.net model. very nice, i prefer the cargo one, but i can't get the ground stuff working; not that that's an issue. flys quite well and has visible in-cockpit wings so yay 😀 however, it's a bit too heavy on my system sometimes for my liking, and has a few model flaws. excellent for freeware though.

- Fernando martinez a1 model, i completely made it into a flyable craft using the sim/config of above aircraft. looks fantastic and very easy to paint on the outside, but has a transparent model when in the cockpit. i demand wing/engine views hehe.

- Paul Hannity's model. looks brilliant and has a vc with no textures (argh!). also, it takes an age to load all the individual textures. got rid of it.

- i just noticed mike stone has made one (downloaded from fsnordic in a diff texture). it loads instantly of course, looks and flies quite nicely - but importantly (for me) lacks visible wings again soo...arse.

--------------------------

so basically i was wondering what aircraft you sugge.sted? i;ve tried all the bae 146's and avro rj's i can find on avsim and i'm not 100% with any of them 😞

cheers, hinch

p.s. my system is pretty ace (1gig ram, 256 geforce graphics card, 3.4gig pentium 4), but having to wait up to 4 seconds isn't on really for a quick outside view. also 12 frames a second or lots of jumping just to load textures doesn;t make me a happy boy.

Last edited by hinch on Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

post me the best one please lol im a bit Embarassed of a fan

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

my fave so far is the arnz.cjb.net.

download the 2004 cargo version ups and fed-ex liveries. defo the best one i've found!

i didn;t used to like them...now i even consider them 'good looking' teehee

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...