ILS frequencies

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

had another hard time landing in fog yesterday because my MFD was showing the runway completely wrong.

i noticed this first with munich airport, but now i've come across this a few more times. i put the ils frequency of the runway on nav1 and nav2, but the run way is shown in completely the wrong direction, making it much harder to stay on course.

am i using it wrong, or is this a game error?

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

What's the airport ID and runway? I'll take a look.
Which aircraft?

Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

ill run through how to set 1 up=

tune the freq for the ils, switch the NAV/GPS siwtch to NAV. dont forget to do this!!!!!!!!!!!!

then follow the headings given by ATC and you should intersept the ils

If that doesnt help i reccomend reading this post :

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/8080/ils-approach-guide-tutorial/

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

What runway? What airplane? what airport?

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

munich runway 8r, any aircraft is where i first came across it.

it happens on loads of airports - especially in norway!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I flew the ILS 8R Munich, Germany in the Boeing 777. No problem with the runway not being alined with the ILS. G/S gets super sensetive and dives to the ground near the threshold but that happens sometime in the real world. I have had problems with the 737 tracking the Glide Slope (G/S) at other airports but Munich was OK in the 777. If you have a strong crosswind componet, your crab angle will cause an apparent shift in the visual location of the runway within the windscreen and your MFD. Other than that, I don't see anything wrong.

Pro Member Trainee
FHeselton Trainee

Did not notice any mention of you having set the course for the runway. If you do not have the correct course set, your aircraft will not fly the proper heading after intercepting the localizer.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

While it is a good practice to set the inbound course of the ILS, it is not critical. The autopilot will still intercept the localizer with the course set 30 degrees off of the inbound course. The HSI display helps the pilot see the aircraft in reference to the course for course corrections. The autopilot still tracks the CDI portion (center) of the nav needle even with the course needle not set to the inbound course.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...