28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
something else?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 14

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Now, in general, the ‘heavy flyers’ are usually not so much interested in the landscape, the scenery below, and are more concerned with the weather, the radio navigation, the ILS systems on the larger airports and often the airports themselves. And they usually fly from inside the airplane (as a real pilot would, yes, yes) and do not use the ‘spot view’ too often. Nothing wrong with this, that’s what a real airline pilot would do too, of course.

The GA flyers however are very often, and increasingly so, people who not only like to fly an aircraft for the joy of mastering the technology and techniques, but also tend to have a keen eye for the surrounding landscape. This is not a ‘simulator thing’ only either. Most real world GA pilots are sports or leisure flyers and have exactly the same urge to see the world from a different vantage point…. and enjoy it. Especially mountains, hills and water bodies are what make landscapes really worth while. There is nothing that beats the sight of a mountain towering high ABOVE your aircraft while flying through valleys and canyons, over endless glaciers and mountain passes. The sun and the weather make the same mountain look different in a thousand ways and flying in that environment is a constant challenge to the pilot. Real AND simulated.

Thats according to http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.php?products_id=1348

So, what are you? A) VFR pilot B) heavy metal pilot C) something else

Last edited by ceetee on Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

I admit it, I like the view from up there. GA aircraft are what I like and when I do a cross country flight it's low and slow. The only thing I would disagree with is using the spot view, I do that occasionally but by far most of my flight time is in the cockpit.

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

I'm VFR, although I sometimes fly a 737 or something of similar size. 😉

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

I suppose I'm a mix of the twain. I love the technical part. Weather, navigation, power management, procedures and I also love the scenery. Mostly I fly a 737 or an ATR and I'm not crazy about GA flying, although I do not hate it by any means.

Pro Member First Officer
Tartanaviation First Officer

I prefer flying a small aircraft such as a Cessna 152 compared to the heavier aircraft that FS offers. The only airliners i fly on Flight sim are models such as the PMDG 737NG as they are realistic and you can learn something from them. Default aircraft in Flight Sim such as a 737-400 are far from true to life and you dont have to do much or know much to get them airborne.
As for the small aircraft i think nothing can beat flying through mountaineous terrain then having to make an instrument approach into an airport that has poor visibility.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Mostly heavy metal, but I "relax" with planes like a Cessna 310 or Beech V35 or A36.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...