wierd approach problem

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Hey everybody,

I have a "little" problem with my ILS. Two days ago when I turned on the APP on the autopilot the plane started nose diving even though it was still around 25 miles away from the runway. Today the same thing happened. It won't follow the glide slope or turn the aircraft properly to align it with the runway. And yes I had the course typed in correctly, NAV1 grequency correct and HSI switch was on NAV. Does anyone has any suggestions how to fix this glitch? Appreciate any help you can offer.
Safe flying!

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Tartanaviation First Officer

Try having a quick read through these to try and resolve your problem.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/8080/ils-approach-guide-tutorial/

Pro Member Trainee
crash_deplane Trainee

Only thing that comes to mind is were you below the glideslope when you turned it on? It won't work unless you intercept it from below, and if your trim wasn't set then you'll nose dive. I usually fly IFR so I use the altitude hold to stay at the assigned altitude until I reach the glideslope, then the approach hold takes over and disables the altitude hold. Hope that makes sense.

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

VegasFlyer,

When you were 25 miles from the airport on approach did you engage APR? Usually you want to engage the APR at about 10 miles out. This still should not have caused the descent yet. When you look at GPS it will tell you if you have received the approach cleaernce or not. I also learned in FS9 that you want to disengage A/T (auto throttle) and control your own speed once you have been cleared to approach to a desent level at about 1900 feet or so.

I hope that this has helped. Happy New Year...!!!

Regards,

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

Maybe I missed it but did you see indications that you were picking up the localizer signal before you initilized the APP?

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

lkw,

That is what it appears to me too...??? I don't think he should be able to get the approach that far out, but then I haven't seen everything yet.

Regards,

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...