SR-71

needhelp Guest

I recently downloaded an SR-71 Blackbird and when I click fly now Flight Simulator shuts down. Any ideas on how to fix this. Thanks 🙂

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Delete it and reinstall it, see the other post.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
wekaufman Trainee

I try to install the SR-71, and it seems to be incomplete. It doesn't even show up on my list of aircraft.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

wekaufman wrote:

I try to install the SR-71, and it seems to be incomplete. It doesn't even show up on my list of aircraft.

The correct name of the ‘Air’ file must be specified in the ‘sim=’ field in the [fltsim] section. If your model does not show in FS, check that the ‘Air’ file name is correct in here. (N.B. don’t include ‘.air’ in the name)

Courtesy of David Maltby.

It's worthwhile checking this out, often this will solve the problem. Idea

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

Just put the entire folder into the airplanes folder. That should work.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

amermel wrote:

Just put the entire folder into the airplanes folder. That should work.

How can you give such misleading advice without even having established which file is being used?

Depending on who authored the file in the first place and secondly who added other files to it, the installation process differs greatly.

Most problems regarding a/c installation are caused precisely because of this simplistic and careless approach.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...