SR-71 Blackbird for FS9

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Anyone have a link to and SR-71 for FS9? The only one I can find on avsim is a FS2000 model, and while it is okay, I do like to see the landing gear when it is on the runway. 🙄

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Hey Crash,

Is this what you are looking for?
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/694/fs2004-lockheed-sr-71-blackbird/

Hope that helps 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks. Those are what I was looking for.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Maybe I spoke too soon. I followed the link provided by RadarMan and did what I thought was a correctinstallation of the plane and update. These are the results I got.

Model looks okay as does the new panel and gauges. However, still no wheels. On take off the plane starts bouncing. Viewed from the outside, the back of the plane is boucing up and down with tire screeches and smoke from invisible wheels. When I get it off the ground, the plane is barely controllable, but the afterburned looks nice. 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain

That one turned out to be the 2002 version. Flies well, nice panel, good sound...no wheels. Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain

I hope I'm not giving you any useless links but maybe this one?

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/694/fs2004-lockheed-sr-71-blackbird/

Four classical different models by David Bushell. Panel by Harald Hartl. Full moving parts. Lights. Rotating front gear. Excellent behavior at Mach 3. Very easy to fly and land. Sounds included. Assembled for FS2004 and flight dynamics by Alejandro Villa. 5.2MB

Is that the same one as RM has posted? Sorry if it isn't of use 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

It is the same one, but no need to apologize. It may turn out that I'm doing something wrong in trying to upgrade the Sr-71 to a model that actually has wheels. Wouldn't be the first time...or last.

I'm trying to find one that works so I can post it for downloading from our VA sight. I have a mission for it, but if I can't find a good model, no one will want to fly it. It can be done with a U2, of course, but some folks have a need for speed.

Pro Member Chief Captain

This one is for FS2002, but someones comment has said that the aircraft works well in FS2004.

😉

By the way, do you specifically need the SR-71 or can you have another high speed jet like the Mig-31 Firefox which reaches speeds of Mach 2.5-3.0 😳 I have that jet, and am very happy with its detail 😉

Pro Member Trainee
peco Trainee

there is a boxed cd version coming out in march visit

https://www.simshack.net

Pro Member Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

This one is for FS2002, but someones comment has said that the aircraft works well in FS2004.

😉

By the way, do you specifically need the SR-71 or can you have another high speed jet like the Mig-31 Firefox which reaches speeds of Mach 2.5-3.0 😳 I have that jet, and am very happy with its detail 😉

An interesting one because it looks great. but, no wheels. 😞 Also the panel and sound are aliased to the default 777. 🙄

The MiG-31 is a wonderful plane, but I'm looking for a recon-spy plane rather than an interceptor. Another poster pointed out that a payware version is due out next month, but I can't put that up on our site for the members to download.

I may have to settle for the U2.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...