Why does my cockpit look like this?

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Why does my default Boeing 737 cockpit look like this?

It is missing all the original textures for some reason- has this happened to anyone else? This is also the problem in my default Boeing 747, but not the 777 for some reason 😕

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

the textures for the interior and exterior are the same file on the default planes...so i have no idea!

p.s. i've put the an148 bmps on avsim so hopefully they'll be up later.

Nero89 Guest

Does it stay like that? i get that too but only for a couple of seconds while it loads the textures when i change view then everything is normal.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Nero89 wrote:

Does it stay like that? i get that too but only for a couple of seconds while it loads the textures when i change view then everything is normal.

Same here.

Try changing view and then go back to the VC view.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I have that problem too. I just can't be bothered to rectify it Whip It happened after I installed and deleted various panels etc, so probably something to do with the fact that you could have overwritten a file or deleted one by accident.

😉

Pro Member First Officer
simon roourke (simon123) First Officer

lol i get that all the time and i,ve got lots of RAM 512MB
😞 Idea

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

It seems like your gauges or textures folders has been damaged.

Two suggestions.

1.Spot in your FS CDs these folders and replace the damaged ones.

2....And most preferable in my opinion.Re-installation of FS(with unistall first of course 😉 ) and more careful add-ons installation.(im talking from personal experience in bad installations.) Dont Know

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Ah well, I can't be bothered to re-install the whole game, and I hardly ever fly big jets anyway, but when I do, I'll guess I'll just stick to my A320 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Ah well, I can't be bothered to re-install the whole game, and I hardly ever fly big jets anyway, but when I do, I'll guess I'll just stick to my A320

I suppose that would work, but if I may suggest that if you do want to continue flying other jets, use the 2-d cockpit. I find that it's actually more realistic, not a "virtual easter egg hunt for the correct button" scenario

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

its a pain when u have 2 reinstall a/c because u cant figure out textures. 😞 o well. good luck 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...