pictures from sky harbor (56k warning - alot of pictures)

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

hey this weekend i went to phoenix sky harbor (KPHX) to try out my camera (canon sd400) i got for christmas. here are some pictures and videos i took there, some of them might be out of focus cuz the lighting there wasn't very good because it was a hazy day, but i did do some editing in picasa (very good program). well here they are, hope you like them! 😉

i took this picture when we were driving around looking for a good spot to take some pictures

this pictures is a little blurry, but it shows all the planes waiting to take off

sorry for parts of the plane bening cut-off in this picture but i took it in a moving car 😕

now for these pictures we were in the parking garage. it got us really close to the planes at the gates.

here is a picture of the new us airways livery

here are some america west planes at their gates

here is an america west 737 going to its gate

close up of an america west a320 going to its gate

here is a picture of the new tower they are building

here is a southwest 737 with the ground staff getting it ready

here are two southwest 737-700's

this picture isn't that good but im showing you it to show you how smoggy it was that day

america west climbing with south mountain's radio antenas barely visible in the backround

heres a plane ive never seen before, i think its an america west theme plane

close up of the pushback

an america west crj-900 crossing the bridge

america west dash-8 q-200

i took this picture through my binoculars cuz i was upset about had small of a zoom my camera so had, it didn't turn out too bad though

the same us airways a320 from above

kinda hard to see but its a dhl dc-8

now for these pictures we were at some building and the end on runway 8, i was trying the digital zoom out, but now i know that its crap so these pictures are probably the worst of all of them, but only a couple of them are decent

here is an america west 737 on final

a crj-900 on final

a delta md-90 on final

same plane as above

an alaska 737 on final

this one was through my binoculars

well thats all my

well those are my pictures and videos hope you liked them. if anyone wants the full size pictures just ask and you can have them

😉

Last edited by atreyu on Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You did a fantastic job. I really enjoyed all of the pictures, wouldn't it be nice if FSX had that much detail on the ground.
Thanks for the tour. The only video link that works is the BIG ONE. I'm downloading it now. It's a pleasure to watch the way the move those huge aircraft around so easily. I've never seen a blue Southwest before.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

thanks. ok i fixed the videos they should be working now

Last edited by atreyu on Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
Mustangfreak First Officer

That's alot of 737's 😳

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Great pics Atreyu!
They sure did take ages for me to download on my slow connection, but it was worth it 😀

Heres a tip: If your on Windows XP, next time you are uploading images, select all of them and right click, then go to 'Resize' and change them all to 800x600 (Medium) It will make them smaller in file size 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor (Flyboy92) First Officer

You've never seen a blue southwest before RM???!! I'm pretty sure that blue is the more common color than the brown/gold. Oh well, there is a first time for everone.

Flyboy92

p.s. On my trip to florida (i mentioned earlier) we rode a blue southwest 737-700 there and back.

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

ahh... I love these threads! downloading the vids now 🙂 thanks a lot, great pics.

love airports with bridges

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Great variety of photos, Atreyu! The angles also were great! I especially like the ones taken from the parking lot.

Could you send me the 6th picture in full size, please? I would like it to be my new background picture 😉

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

here you go agus, glad you guys like them 😀

Pro Member First Officer
alohajoe First Officer

Where those videos taken w\ your canon sd400, or your video camera? ❓

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

i took them with my sd400, i think i had to compress some of those videos so they quality wasn't as good as it should've been

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

atreyu wrote:

here you go agus, glad you guys like them 😀

Thank you Atreyu! You rock! Punk

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...