Want a free ride in a Cirrus (NO JOKE!)

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

On the back of the 'Pacific Wings' magazine I recived for Christmas, there was an advert for the Cirrus SR22, and below it there was a link to this website: http://www.cirrusdesign.com/iamnotthatguy/ where you can schedule a no obligation free demo flight 😳 😀

I have filled out the form on thier website and am waiting for a reply, I suggest you guys do too!

Lets see what happens now, according to the website, I am entitled for a free ride! 😎

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

😳 😳 😳

Wow.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
O wow

Pro Member First Officer
Jason Melancon (Mithheru) First Officer

Closest place for me is Portland, unless I didn't read the site correctly. I'll tell you, if I was in the market for a plane I'd be all over that Cirrus. The avionics are sweet! I guess that just gives me even more of an incentive to win the lottery. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

mtv was raving about angelina jolie's one - the parachute is awesome! and yeah, avindyne mm..

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

mtv was raving about angelina jolie's one

She has her own plane??? Does she have a pilot's liscence.

I wonder if John Travolta, herself and Morgan Freeman run a celebrity flying school?

Lol.

Once they found out your age it will be a no go. The people they take up for demo flights are people that are in a position to buy a plane. These planes are expensive to operate,; many hundreds of dollars an hour.

If you really want to get into flying, just hang around your local airport. Start talking with people, and eventually there will be plenty of people that you met who will be willing to take you up.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Lol.

Once they found out your age it will be a no go. The people they take up for demo flights are people that are in a position to buy a plane. These planes are expensive to operate,; many hundreds of dollars an hour.

If you really want to get into flying, just hang around your local airport. Start talking with people, and eventually there will be plenty of people that you met who will be willing to take you up.

Guest...you don't know what you are talking about do you? I am 16, 17 this year which means I will be very shortly eligable for my PPL and could possibley be a aircraft purchaser if I could afford it, I dont think you know my financial situation!

As it happens, I have flown real aircraft before and I don't expect you have... A Cirrus does not cost hunderds of dollars an hours to operate, what are you talking about?

Finnaly, if you actually bothered to visit the link above before you typed that last post containing complete BS, you would know there is no age obligation.

Please don't bother writing anything else 🙄

cheekytrolly wrote:

Guest...you don't know what you are talking about do you? I am 16, 17 this year which means I will be very shortly eligable for my PPL and could possibley be a aircraft purchaser if I could afford it, I dont think you know my financial situation!

As it happens, I have flown real aircraft before and I don't expect you have... A Cirrus does not cost hunderds of dollars an hours to operate, what are you talking about?

Finnaly, if you actually bothered to visit the link above before you typed that last post containing complete BS, you would know there is no age obligation.

Please don't bother writing anything else 🙄

I didn't mean to be rude; your response was.

Surprisingly, YOU dont know what your talking about. I am a student pilot getting close to recieving my PPL. I have over 50 hours logged and have been around aviation my entire life.

I turn 17 in a few months. I saw one of these adds a while back also. I did the exact same thing you did, but all I got was a brochure in the mail. Reason? My age...

These planes do cost hundreds of dollars an hour to operate. The cheapest one you can rent in the US runs for about 230 an hour. When you take into considersation fuel, maintence, tiedown fees, insurace etc the costs really add up.

If something seems to good to be true, it probably is. If they actually take you up for a demo flight, more power to you. Chances are though, they wont. I really doubt a 16 year old is in the financial situation to purchase a 500,000 dollar plane. The sales representative will know this also.

Again, sorry If I came off rude.

All the best,

Matt

Pro Member First Officer
Tartanaviation First Officer

lol 😂 😂

These planes do cost hundreds of dollars an hour to operate. The cheapest one you can rent in the US runs for about 230 an hour. When you take into considersation fuel, maintence, tiedown fees, insurace etc the costs really add up. If something seems to good to be true, it probably is. If they actually take you up for a demo flight, more power to you. Chances are though, they wont.

Could not agree more with the side of the arguement. It is a promotional campaign and objective behind it. There will only be a limited amount of flights available. All that they are wanting to do is make more people aware of their aircraft and get them on their mailing list to hopefully increase sales.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Guest, as there are only two Cirrus aircraft in my country, and they are both priavte owned, the pilots of these aircraft are asked to give demonstation flights to the public at the companys expence, not thier own- there was an article about it the magazine I mentioned above.

The two pilots who bought the Cirrus planes which include the most up to date avionics and expected to be able to fly IFR could not as the Cirrus dont include ADF, which is required. So in conjuction with the CAA they set up a system where they where allowed to learn to fly IFR using the GPS and VORs in order to forfill thier dream of flying IFR. After succesfully compeating the program, they decided to lend out thier aircarft to other pilots wanting to learn this new style of IFR, and thanks to thier good will, the North Shore Aero Club, where the planes are based, have decided to ignore all thier landing and parking fees.

So, Guest, can you now see why it does cost as much as you think to operate them.

And as for:

I really doubt a 16 year old is in the financial situation to purchase a 500,000 dollar plane.

Mabey not on your case, but again, you dont know everyone's financial situation, and nor does Cirrus aircraft company 😉 Arn't you being a little prejudice?

Sorry for sounding rude, I thought you where some 12 year old!
Cheers

Cirrus Design though still decides who goes up for a demo flight, and who doesn't. The sales representatives. are not idiots; they know who is in the position to purchase one of their planes.

The waiving of parking fees, while nice, does little to affect the overall cost. On these demo planes, insurance fees are even higher since you have people who have never even flown the plane before sitting in the left seat.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Well guess what everyone, I just recived an e-mail back from Cirrus:

Hi Andrew

Thank you for your interest in Cirrus.

I represent Cirrus in Australasia.

I will soon schedule a demo tour in your area. Please reply with the best days suitable in your week to inspect my new SR22 GTS demonstrator.

I look forward to your reply.

Best regards

Steve Maltby
Director
Cirrus Australasia - Sunland Aviation
Building 15, Archerfield Airport.
P.O. Box 105, Archerfield, Qld., Australia, 4108.
Ph: +61 (0)732771233, Fx: +61 (0)7 32729066, Mb: +61 (0) 412373173

😛

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

my friend who got his ppl a few months ago is trying to get a ride 🙂

cheekytrolly wrote:

Well guess what everyone, I just recived an e-mail back from Cirrus:

Hi Andrew

Thank you for your interest in Cirrus.

I represent Cirrus in Australasia.

I will soon schedule a demo tour in your area. Please reply with the best days suitable in your week to inspect my new SR22 GTS demonstrator.

I look forward to your reply.

Best regards

Steve Maltby
Director
Cirrus Australasia - Sunland Aviation
Building 15, Archerfield Airport.
P.O. Box 105, Archerfield, Qld., Australia, 4108.
Ph: +61 (0)732771233, Fx: +61 (0)7 32729066, Mb: +61 (0) 412373173

😛

I guess you didn't make the mistake I did then of saying my age. Make sure you DONT do that. They will probably be a bit surprised, but they can't turn you down now. Nice job.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I guess you didn't make the mistake I did then of saying my age. Make sure you DONT do that. They will probably be a bit surprised, but they can't turn you down now. Nice job.

Nope I told them my age, and they asked had I ever flown a real plane before, which I answered yes, and they asked me what date would I be free for the test flight.

Sorry to bring this up from the dead, but my school (Western Michigan University) rents Cirrus SR-20's for $140 an hour, and 22's for $180. Far from "Hundreds per hour." We have a fleet of 40, and I am a CFI here.

www.wmich.edu/aviation

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...