Project Canarias

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

This just looks too good to be kept under wraps:

We are pleased to announce that "Project Canarias 2006" is now complete and that a first Release Candidate is being built for exclusive use by our beta testers. An intensive beta testing period lasting for approximately two weeks will begin immediately; this is to ensure a final release free of any issues.
We have decided to publish some screen shots in the meantime.
Click "Read More" below

Plenty of beautiful screenies here ➡ (dead link removed)

Answers 40 Answers

Jump to latest

wow they r wiked but i have a question is the picture in gran canaria with a wall curving round is that puerto rico if it is plz say so
😂

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

wow this is great! I'm from Gran Canaria myself and I love to fly in that area.

couldn't see any pictures of neither Lanzarote nor Fuerteventura though, but I suppose they'll add them too. Both islands have a very beautiful landscape

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I'm sure Lanzarote and Fuerteventura will be included in the scenery... it's still in the beta stages and I guess they can only post so many screenies on one page. Just keep checking back 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Some great shots on site 👍
I currently use Canarysims older scenery for fs9 which I posted about a while ago ➡
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/6494/la-palma/

No longer at Avsim but still at flightsim.com

I look forward to this newer version

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

FINALY! I've been waiting ages for this!

I visted the site ages ago when it was still in development and forgot all about it, lol. I've always wanted a download for the Canary's because I've been there so many times.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Has anyone managed to get this installed ? Wall Bashing

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Thanks for the notice, looks like it will be an over-nighter for me, with filesizes of 92mb, 64mb and 92mb 🙄

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I just tried downloading the 3 files from that link and the first two links both don't work...and Fuerteventura isn't included (yet) and that was the one island I wanted to see 🙄

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

fuerteventura is probably the most beautiful island.. so it better come fast 😛

but god damn I've been waiting for this thing a long time! good thing it's not a payware. I love the Canary Islands! ahhh hope it works.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

There's always the possibility of checking out their Forums, FAQs and Contact us option.
➡ (dead link removed)

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

damn I can't even download the first file :/ anyone who managed to download the whole thing ?

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I think too many are trying to d/load and putting a strain on the Avsim servers Crying or Very sad
Try clicking the link at the bottom of the d/load page(before it goes blank)
Ive got all three,and it is installing as I type this

Remember that once you have all three files,extract all of them into the same temp folder,before running the exe file
Cool installer 👍 its playing me some music as it does its thing

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

rgr! hope I'll have it soon. can't wait 😀

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

There must have been too many people downloading off Avsim last night because after I tried to get each Canary file and failed, I tried downloading a C206 paintkit and got the same error as I did for the Canary files.

I think I will wait for someone to put a review out before I try again, the night lighting looks awesome!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Has anyone had any success with this scenery yet?

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I have and its very nice,the night lighting is great if you set the view distance to about 10 miles,a very realistic orange glow over the towns.

I did have a slight problem loading it as I think the instructions could be a little bit better,but I may missed something when reading.So if you manage to d/load all three files,unzip all of them to a temp folder,and then run the exe file, otherwise it will ask for you to insert a disc 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Roger wilco 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I finally got around to install this beautiful piece of work and I don't regret it a bit. The following islands are included:

LA PALMA
EL HIERRO
LA GOMERA
TENERIFE
GRAN CANARIA

Lanzarote and Fuerteventura are still being worked on provided the developers can scratch up enough money.
I followed T_T_T's advice to the T (I wish I could put an appropriate emoticon here) and it might have saved me some frustration. Had no problems what so ever. The first of the three files is actually the installer, doubleclick, sit back and watch the show.

tomthetank wrote:

So if you manage to d/load all three files,unzip all of them to a temp folder,and then run the exe file, otherwise it will ask for you to insert a disc 😳

Thanks T_T_T, stunning scenery... I thought I'd get fancy and fly really slow in my brandnew Seaking to take in the views -- bad mistake. Ninja ROFL

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Thats good news Tailhook.

I will proberly download it now that you think it is worth it- and I trust your judgement, you seem to be a tough critic!

Please could you post some screenies ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

Thats good news Tailhook.

I will proberly download it now that you think it is worth it- and I trust your judgement, you seem to be a tough critic!

Please could you post some screenies ❓

Sorry, no screenies. I've got some beautiful ones on my HDD but never really got my head around how to post them without having to go through third party sites.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Sorry, no screenies. I've got some beautiful ones on my HDD but never really got my head around how to post them without having to go through third party sites.

But I am sure I have seen your pictures on Micha's original Screenshot thread?

Don´t work Embarassed
Tenerife

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Wow Guest, that screenshot looks terrific!

I need to download a copy ASAP!

Thanks for showing it to us 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Here's a new file that might complement the 'Project Canarias'.
According to the file description this will not cause any conflicts. Please read for yourself:

... modified so that the airports and scenery will work with project Canarias 2006. This should nicely fill out the whole of the Canary Islands, until such a time as Canarias 2006 complete their project... ...My defaults remove static aircraft, but there is an option to retain these if required.

More here ➡ https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2949/fs2004-canary-islands-supplement-to-canarias-2006/

Note: Recently a member PMed me who was concerned about an eventual un-install of the 'Project Canarias' scenery, should the need arise.
I have just gone through the process as as I did a complete new/fresh install of everything, including fs9 of course.

All of you who don't mind reading instructions, whether in .txt or PDF format, rest assured, the un-install procedure of 'Project Canarias' is as simple and devoid of complications as it's installation.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Thanks for the update Tailhook, although I am still not sure after reading the linked page what that file does?

As for the member who recently PM'ed you about un-installing the package, what was the problem with it?

If you did not like the package then simply don't visit the islands or un-tick the boxes in the scenery libary so that they are not visable. What's the big deal?

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

thanks tailhook

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

SeanGa wrote:

thanks tailhook

I think you might want to read this SeanGa:

Hi. There have been, I noticed, several people asking about replacing the now very bare-looking default airports left out (so far) of the Canarias 2006 scenery. This is possible and to good effect.

Firstly, please see what I wrote in an earlier thread:
------------------------------------
"All the default airports can be replaced with Toni Agramont's Canaries scenery - flightsim.com - search for canary04.zip. (You need to register on the site). You need Nova & NovaGold textures for these airports to work (freely available).

Much of the download as it stands will not work with the Canarias 2006 scenery of course - which is a pity, because (like in his excellent Morocco scenery) Toni clearly went to a great deal of trouble with this (have a look at the texture folder in the above zip file to see what I mean!). Hopefully, Project Canarias will slowly (or rapidly, even better!) fill in all the remaining airports themselves, but at the moment canary04.zip provides a huge improvement to the default airports."
------------------------------------
I have spent some hours editing the bgl files in canary04.zip so that they fit into the new Canarias 2006 scenery. I have tried to contact Toni to ask permission, but to no avail. I gladly acknowledge that 99% of the work here is his, not mine, and hope that there would be no problem in my giving his files a new lease of life, as it were, in conjunction with Canarias 2006.

As I say, the files as they stand make quite a mess of the new scenery. The smaller airports are not worth touching, because by the time you take out all the problems there is not much left to look at! I have however edited all the major airports (apart from GCLA of course!!) and I now get lots of nice airport scenery (lots of nice topical scenery in Lanzarote & Fuerteventura too), with few if any conflicts with Canarias 2006. I have also made a set of bgl files excluding the static traffic, for people with their own AI aircraft.

If enough people post back here with a 'yes', I'll upload all my files to the AVSIM library. (Objections duly noted too). Otherwise, I'll just enjoy them here all by myself ...

And finally, once again (as with his Morocco scenery which I patched up several months back and made available), many thanks to Toni Agramont for his great work on these sceneries.

Martin

Dell XPS-Gen2 Laptop: Pentium M770 2.13 GHz: GeForce Go 6800 Ultra: 1024MB DDR RAM 533MHz: Sound Blaster Audigy 2ZS: 17" Widescreen 1920x1200: XP/SP2

In short, you get canary_islands.zip from here:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2949/fs2004-canary-islands-supplement-to-canarias-2006/
and canary04.zip from flightsim.

Before you start installing, make sure you study thee readmes of both files. In the case of the avsim file, you can view the readme via ZipDive- that will give you an idea.
It probably sounds all much more complicated than it actually is. I'll get to work on it within the next 48 hours.

I hope you'll enjoy it, keeping in mind it's your home turf - we can always compare impressions later 😀

While I'm at it, I might as well tag on the file description of the flightsim.com file:

" canary04.zip Size: 10,153,429 Date: 09-30-2003 Downloads: 13088
FS2004 Scenery--Canary04 version I. Canary 04 is scenery for VFR and IFR that reflects the physical details of the islands practically in 100% detail. It has been built on the mesh terrain of the Spanish Group SMG, with redesigned islands, airports and towns; 185 towns are included. By Toni Agramont."

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

Thanks a lot tailhook! I'll see right away if I get it to work

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Lanzarote is being worked on at present ➡ (dead link removed)

❤️

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Fantástico!

Thanks for the update TH, the screenies look amazing!

I think Fuerteventura is being done aswell as the author says

"Once we finish the remaining islands..."

😂 I can't wait 😂

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

AWESOME!!!

I can't wait! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Neither can I ❗ ❗ 😉

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

AWESOME!!!

I can't wait!

Unfortunately we are going to have to wait, for a long time!

Just as an aproximation...we EXPECT to release the sceneries on christmas,
just to fit the Project Canarias 2006 with the current year!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

I can't install this - its too hard. I have exracted each of the three folders, all in a same folder, then I ran the install setup and it comes up with an error - can someone please give a very detailed set of instructions?

Thank You 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

From page one of this thread

tomthetank wrote:

I think too many are trying to d/load and putting a strain on the Avsim servers Crying or Very sad
Try clicking the link at the bottom of the d/load page(before it goes blank)
Ive got all three,and it is installing as I type this

Remember that once you have all three files,extract all of them into the same temp folder,before running the exe file
Cool installer 👍 its playing me some music as it does its thing

Use winzip or windows own zip tool
Unzip each of the 3 d/loaded files to 1 temp folder ,then run the exe

If that is what you are doing,what is the error message?

SteveT - its me BTW Guest

Well, the language of this installer is in some foreign one but I think the error is something about a disc or inserting one.

What I did was, download all three parts. On each I right clicked and pressed 'extract'. Then I ran the exe

Is that right because im still getting that error 😕 😕 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Also what is the file path that I should select to install it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

When I 1st tried installing it I had the same error(insert disc)
Make a new folder on your desktop,put all three zip files in there and open all three to the same folder.Once they are all open double click the exe file and it should start(sit back as it takes a while,it even plays you some music while you wait)

That should see you ok

Let us know 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

New Developments:

...check it out for yourself ➡

(dead links removed)

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...