FSX ... only on DVD?

Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

So the story goes that FSX will only be available on DVD. I thnk that sucks. I dont have a DVD player in my computer and I dont want one. Why should I? I have a DVD player in my entertainment center where I watch my movies. So I have to install a DVD player in my computer just to run FSX? Did I mention that SUCKS!

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

There's already a thread on this here...............

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11210/dvd-only/

It's no different than when software first started coming out on CD's, I had to install a CD in the computer. If all you want is a DVD that can load and run software they are not expensive, in fact they are a lot cheaper than I paid for my first CD drive.

You obviously bought a DVD for entertainment which replaced the VHS tapes. Same difference.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

I think that it will be good that fSX will be on DVD only 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

I've just replaced my DVD-rom, 12.00 GBP = 21.24 USD and it's a Sony, so there not that expensive really. Although saying this, I suppose that 12 GBP and 21.24 USD maybe alot for our younger simmers. Better get a bigger paper round !!! 😳 Whistle

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

That is a ridiculous statement to make.

You might as well say "Why does software not come on a floppy disk any more?". Or going into HMV or Virgin and asking for the latest Madonna album on viynl.

DVD drives ARE NOT expensive, here is a DVD ROM drive from Scan Computers for £11.05 (or under $20 USD). So "not wanting one" is fine, however you're being its just you being stubborn.

LOTS of games are DVD only - Battlefield 2, FarCry, Quake 4, Doom 3, The Sims 2, Call of Duty 2. Besides, if your PC doesn't have a DVD drive then I'm willing to bet it is quite old, in which case I'd like to see you running this new sim anyway.

Dave

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...