alternative to cessna caravan

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

well i've been enjoying myself flying around my new terrain, and so far the plane i've used for valley bombing is the cessna caravan - except i hate it and it's not really suitable for valley bombing is it.

is there something about that size, but more modern, faster and still easy to fly?

my knowledge of planes doesn;t extend far beyond large things.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

fairplay, that's a cracking piece of freeware! definately going on my list.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This has also been a favorite. It's not much like the Cessna you want though.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=chipmunk&CatID=fs2004ac&Go=Search

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

nah but i love it! haven't landed it yet though...i tried landing at zell. touched down fine, pushed the breaks and it frontflipped. i hit replay to take a screenshot but then it reloaded grr. oh well. i love it. the roof window is nice for looking at the mountains. it's a superb aircraft. flying it upside down...etc.

it came with a paintkit, any suggestions hehe?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Nice screenshots, I'm glad you like it.
Yes it's nose heavy if you hit the breaks to hard after landing, just cruise it for a while and enjoy it.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

the problem is zell is a short runway. rather too short, so i can't cruise. oh well, i'm going to take some time with this plane. i've read the manual, it is going to be wierd landing a flapless plane mm. oh well. i had my eyes on the beechcraft bonanza just now, that's nice looking. again though, i don't know about planes this size - what're things like that like? Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I haven't flown it for a while but I'm positive it has flaps, I usually land full and taxi that way also. That keeps me slow so I wont tip over when I turn to park.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

nope it sure doesn't! slow down by putting the nose up...ooer!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...