Interesting flight

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Hi all,I just thought I would tell you about a short flight i had from LGAV(New Athens Airport)to LGKO (Kos)
I was using FSPassengers and had performed maintainance before flying a 737-600
The flight was smooth and going to plan untill I started my finals
"Gear down " I call to my C/P and he informs me(in English but with a Dutch accent) "that we have a problem,only one green light and I am not sure the gear is down" Fear
He suggests to "see if we can bump it down"

Now I can scan my aircraft from outside and see that the gear is not fully down(this would have required a low flypast the tower)
So I call a mayday and set the transponder and head down for a touch and go
50,40,30,20.....10.............a gental rumble from the gear as we "just" touch down"No we must land harder" calls my C/P "we still only have one light"
So up a bit and then throw it at the runway "Yea " he crys "we did it three green lights"Whats this we business?,he was just looking at the lights 😂
So I circle the airport and line up again and head to land without further incident to a round of applause from the pax 👏
As we rolled out, sirens could be heard.So I stopped the aircraft at the end of the runway and shut down

Incident Report:

The gear didn't lock down. There was an exceptional pilot on board and despite the dire situation he was able to land the aircraft safely. The Captain has also declared an emergency before landing.

Passenger Opinion: Exceptional flight (100%)
-Are pleased to have landed right on schedule.
-Were pleased by the music on ground. A very nice addition to their flying experience.
-Were very anxious because of the problem during flight.
-Were relieved to land safely after an emergency.

Overall Flight Result: Perfect

Pilot Bonus points: 885 points
There was a problem aboard and you declared an emergency. (+150)
You landed at the scheduled airport. (+30)
Precise arrival time at destination.(-00h02:49 difference) (+100)
A serious problem occurred during flight but you landed safely, nice job. (+605)

Now if I was a passenger on this flight,I would not have give a dam about the music on the ground,and a very nice addition to their flying experience.

Just glad to have walked away 🙄

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👏 Very cool report, nice job!

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
alohajoe First Officer

Are pleased to have landed right on schedule.
-Were pleased by the music on ground. A very nice addition to their flying experience.

Now if I was a passenger on this flight,I would not have give a dam about the music on the ground,and a very nice addition to their flying experience.

Same here! How did your CP have a Dutch accent?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Very nice flight report TTT

👍 Just out of interest, are you doing FsP in career mode where you have to earn hours and points to gain higher ranks and aircraft ❓

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Excellent flight TTT and good point at the end for passengers opinion about music etc. 😂 😂 😂

Did you also notice that if you touchdown once with your craft and by mistake you raise again and touchdown and again and again,it keeps the first touch on ground and you get points for it.

I have done in past a ''kiss'' landing but then i raise up again and with the second touchdown i destroy my wheels and i was close to burn in hell 😂 ...cause of a belly (finally)landing.... Wall Bashing
FSPax gives me +50 points because i 've made a wonderful landing...''kiss'' 😳 .... ROFL ROFL ROFL Wacko

P.S. Try to land(if you hadnt do it already) your 737 to LGKJ(Kastelorizo)...is one of the most challenging airports in Greece.(i know that you have the add-on scenery) 😉

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Wow, a very interesting flight report TTT, only a good pilot can make a great recovery, so well done Captain! Bow Down

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

That is the single most annoying thing about FS Passengers. The second most annoying thing is that the cabin crew keeps giving me something to drink every 15 minutes. I need a potty break!

Pro Member Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

That is the single most annoying thing about FS Passengers. The second most annoying thing is that the cabin crew keeps giving me something to drink every 15 minutes. I need a potty break!

ROFL

Your cynicism never ceases to amaze me CG 😂

🍻

Jon

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Probably hostess try to find a way to get closer to you Crash.... ❤️

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

alohajoe wrote:

Same here! How did your CP have a Dutch accent?

In FSP General set up there is a settig for "Euro crew" 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

P.S. Try to land(if you hadnt do it already) your 737 to LGKJ(Kastelorizo)...is one of the most challenging airports in Greece.(i know that you have the add-on scenery) 😉

Now dont tell me that this airport is serviced by 737s Fear

I can take off (just Fear ) and I got it down,but we trashed the fence at the end of the runway,bent the struts,bust tyres frightend the Censored out of the pax and ME 🙄

Maybe with a bit 😂 OK a lot more practice,I might just stop before that fence Wacko
Anyone want a free ride to Kastelorizo ❓ Umm... No, No!

Pro Member Chief Captain

tomthetank wrote:

Anyone want a free ride to Kastelorizo ❓ Umm... No, No!

😂

I must try that airport out soon. Is it a difficult approach of just a very short runway ❓

🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

ROFL

Your cynicism never ceases to amaze me CG 😂

🍻

Jon

Since playing music or showing movies is not the task of the pilot in the real world, the obssession FSP has with these things is unrealistic.

Also, the frequency with which the cabin crew keeps bringing the pilot beverages assumes that the pilot either is severely dehydrated or has a bladder the size of Texas.

FSP is not the only program with such questionable things. The LDS 767 announces, "The captain has started our descent..." if you reduce altitude any time during the flight, as if you would never reduce altitude unless you are preparing to land.

Why do I get the impression that some of these things have been added by people who have never been in a plane?

Pro Member Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Since playing music or showing movies is not the task of the pilot in the real world, the obssession FSP has with these things is unrealistic.

Also, the frequency with which the cabin crew keeps bringing the pilot beverages assumes that the pilot either is severely dehydrated or has a bladder the size of Texas.

FSP is not the only program with such questionable things. The LDS 767 announces, "The captain has started our descent..." if you reduce altitude any time during the flight, as if you would never reduce altitude unless you are preparing to land.

Why do I get the impression that some of these things have been added by people who have never been in a plane?

That is all very true Crash, but, when you have made many flights on flight simulator, in all kinds of weather conditions, in all kinds of aircraft, in all kinds of situations, and in all kinds of different places and airports both VFR and IFR....where do you go from there ❓ FsP adds another dimension to FS9 for me 😉

Just my opinion 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

I can appreciate that. I just find them distracting. I'll just put another lock on the cockpit door. 😉

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Very interesting reading Triple T- and congratulations on the great landing- you must be very skilled mate 😂

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Crash,

I agree with you - I deleted a couple of the WAV files from the FSP directory as I was also getting pee'd off by the constant coffee breaks. I had to take a portaloo in the cockpit with me the end and my F/O did not look happy about that . 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...